Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amsterdam Help

I'm going Amsterdam for a few nights in the first week of Oct, having never been I have no idea where to stay. I've looked on trip advisor and am non the wiser.
My budget is about £100 p/n, any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    The Doubletree Hotel near to Amsterdam Central Station is conveniently located and quite nice. It might be a shade over £100/night - I think it varies by time of year.
  • Options
    The Best Western I stayed in was very good. Its on the South Side. Apollo Museum it was called (or something like that!). Right next door to the Heineken brewery.
    It was cheaper than £100 p/n. Rooms were pretty good.

• Options
    ive been to Amsterdam twice and both times stayed at the hotel renaissance (two mins from the station). would definitely recommend. very nice
  • Options
    You can get brass and drugs out there as well
  • Options
    Stayed at the Movenpick Hotel in January, good standard, couple of minutes from station, 10 minutes walk to city centre. Lovely position on the river away from the city centre noise, pick a room as high up as possible the views over the river and city are amazing.
  • Options
    I went in 2008 and can't remember a thing.
  • Options

very welcoming by all accounts
  • Options
    The Bridge Hotel. Relatively central, quiet and great breakfast.
  • Options
    NH Musica, very nice and in tram distance from everywhere.
  • Options
    I stayed in the Bellevue Hotel last August, quite reasonably priced, very near the station, very near the sleaze and nightlife without actually being in it...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    hotel Nadia. Located right where you want it to be and cheap.
  • Options
    We're staying here for the weekend at the start of August.

http://www.nh-hotels.nl/nh/nl/hotels/nederland/amsterdam/nh-barbizon-palace.html?nhagentid=11009&nhsubagentid=110095220109&utm_source=google&utm_medium=maps&utm_campaign=googleplaces

This will be the third time we have stayed there in four years, its a few minutes walk from the station and near the livelier parts of the Dam.
  • Options
    What exactly are you there for and who are you going with? Do you want lively area, do you need to travel to an office or work? Are you ok with a bit of walking about.

I used to work there and stayed at a number of the hotels in town. The NHs are a decent bet around your budget, you can often get decent deals on them, although I'd say the Barbizon wouldn't be my first choice other than for its proximity to the station and the restaurant. The Mariott and Renaissance both might fit your bill too, depending on what bit of town you're after. Sheraton and Hilton probably over your price range, but the former is very nice.

If you're up for saving a bit the Nadia is cheap and fairly cheerful.
  • Options
    Singel Hotel very good.
  • Options

What exactly are you there for and who are you going with? Do you want lively area, do you need to travel to an office or work? Are you ok with a bit of walking about.

I used to work there and stayed at a number of the hotels in town. The NHs are a decent bet around your budget, you can often get decent deals on them, although I'd say the Barbizon wouldn't be my first choice other than for its proximity to the station and the restaurant. The Mariott and Renaissance both might fit your bill too, depending on what bit of town you're after. Sheraton and Hilton probably over your price range, but the former is very nice.

If you're up for saving a bit the Nadia is cheap and fairly cheerful.

Thanks for all your advice guys. I'm going with the gf for a few days to do all the touristy things.
  • Options
    Definitely would go with NH. They've got a good offer
    On at weekends of room including breakfast, free minibar and late check out.

City centre, central, krasnipolski or bar bison would probably meet your needs.

http://www.nh-hotels.com/weekend-extender/EN/index.html?idpromo=103611
  • Options
    all the hotels seem to be really expensive the weekend I'm going (5th - 8th Oct) Any Columbos out there know why?