Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Homewise House purchase

Thought I would post to see if anyone can advise. My Uncle is getting on and has decided to move home using this company. They take
part ownership and it enables you more flexibility. I believe you end up leasing your home once you move with rights to live there until you die. He has asked for my advice . I think his financial position leaves him little choice as he still has a mortgage at 80 ! However, this company have a very low credit rating and look dodgy. Anyone help? www.homewise.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    Golfie maybe?
  • Options
    sounds like a type of equity release. remember they are not in this from the goodness of their heart. take legal advice.
  • Options
    Most of these type of deals are a rip off be very very careful & read the small print.
  • Options
    Aviva used to do a lot of Equity Release - probably still do and at least you know they are a big firm that isn't going away anytime soon!
    Look at their web site maybe?
  • Options
    Is Homewise FCA registered? If it was me I'd think very carefully indeed about putting an important financial transaction through a firm if they were not subject to any regulation and the safeguards that come with that.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Thought I would post to see if anyone can advise. My Uncle is getting on and has decided to move home using this company. They take
    part ownership and it enables you more flexibility. I believe you end up leasing your home once you move with rights to live there until you die. He has asked for my advice . I think his financial position leaves him little choice as he still has a mortgage at 80 ! However, this company have a very low credit rating and look dodgy. Anyone help? www.homewise.co.uk

What little help it may be, my philosophy is when in doubt do nowt. If they look dodgy stay away.
  • Options
    I work for the FCA - check their website here: http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmSearchForm.do I'm not an advisor but search for Homewise...
  • Options
    Masicat say no