Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Whats the latest on the ......

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
Sponsorship form for the Valley match please.

Comments

• Options
    I could do with knowing that too mr AFKA

I have plenty of interest to raise plenty of money but no form!!
  • Options
    ok, a sponsorship form will be mailed to all your addresses in the next couple of days, these will be for you to go round your offices, friends and families.

A seperate donation yourgiving site will be set up in the next couple of weeks for anyone else who won't be sponsoring a player, but would like to make a contribution to the overall charity total.
  • Options
    i really think you should push that along to be done this week and not a couple of weeks. a couple of weeks is april and only 6ish weeks till the event.

i started raising money for my run in july in march.....?

don't mean to be pushy, but 6 weeks isn't that long to get a lot of money together
  • Options
    have to get the bank account sorted out first before any internet donations can be done.

the key thing that will take time will be players collecting, that's why we need to get the forms out this week. That is where the bulk of the donations will come from.

I'm slightly more relaxed about the yourgiving site, it takes a couple of mins to make a donation and six weeks will be a long enough run.
  • Options
    Hi AFKA

Is there anyway individual players can also set-up a site on justgiving, donating to Demelza? It's a much easier way to get people to contribute than running aorund with a sponsorship form (though I'll happily do that as well). Also means the tax can be reclaimed easily.

Cheers
    Weegie
  • Options
    i must also say that 90% of my sponsors were online
  • Options
    Yes, the bulk will be on line. So much easier for everyone concerned. Especially if poeple are asking work mates, it can just be emailed around and people can donate without any obligations.

I think weegie that they will just be setting up one central JustGiving website. I didnt realise they had to open a bank account mind you as Demelza is an official registered charity already set up on JustGiving. I just thought the money went straight into the Demelza bank account. So thats a new one on me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i really think you should push that along to be done this week and not a couple of weeks. a couple of weeks is april and only 6ish weeks till the event.

don't mean to be pushy, but 6 weeks isn't that long to get a lot of money together

You volunteering then Suzi? I'm sure the help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    If it's ok, I'm still offering one of the Covered End banners for an auction/raffle on the day, signed by the squad, you just need to work out how to move a 6m x 2m banner when you win it
  • Options
    I might have to pass on that one - a bit difficult to get back on the plane!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i really think you should push that along to be done this week and not a couple of weeks. a couple of weeks is april and only 6ish weeks till the event.

You volunteering then Suzi? I'm sure the help would be greatly appreciated.

i'm doing the sponsorship hardcopy form. its in hand and you will have it this week.

have also got stuff for a raffle prize.
  • Options
    I thought everyone could set up an indivdual site up?
  • Options
    No we wanted everything in one place, much simpler !
  • Options
    I am getting sponsored £10 for every injury I get - I always get injured!
  • Options
    Ah right cool, but some people might not put the effort in, which would be a poor show
  • Options
    agreed Rothko.

Tomorrow the online account will be activated and posted on here, while all players will be emailed seperate sponsorship forms.

Hopefully what i put out tomorrow will make things clear.
  • Options
    Sounds good AFKA - thanks