Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Those saying "at least we havent sold anyone"

Which I also found reassuring, but....

How many Championship players have moved on for a fee this summer ?

I think its about five.

Unless you've just been promoted, no one appears to be cash shopping in the UK.

Comments

• Options
    lots of dosh swilling around in the prem tho, so a bit puzzling not more? or do you mean between Champs clubs?
  • Options
    Both. All the prem money appears to be going abroad this summer
  • Options
    The only clubs spending money now FFP is kicking in will be Prem or parachute prem clubs I reckon.
  • Options
    And you can turn that on its head and say 'those complaining that we haven't bought anyone'. All it tells you is that we are in the same boat as everyone else.
  • Options
    I was told May last year that solly was going ...I didn't believe it and thankfully it was wrong.

I was told again this May ...at the player of the year awards of all places ...I still don't believe it ...I'm pretty sure he is staying ...but I have no real inside info ...just hope probably.
  • Options
    Not really Norfolk, as everyone is bringing in free contract players. Average transfer 'ins' is currently 4 per club
  • Options
    I think the name of the game for most of the Championship clubs is keeping costs down and trying to run closer to budget rather than spend and go for bust. Clubs like Crewe who rely on transfer sales to keep afloat may well suffer. Plus the prem clubs will find it harder to off load their fringe players as they are on high salaries that Championship clubs are now unlikely to match. About time there was a 'correction!'
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    In a funny sort of way i feel with our settled squad and team spirit we have, it may well be to our advantage this year and we could over achieve as other teams have a bit more re-building.
  • Options
    with so many free bees around its good for us as it has helped taken Solly off the radar of other teams,but it will only be a prem club who will pay cash and they seem to think forein players are better and cheeper.
  • Options
    The end IS nye
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've not sold anyone, no. But considering they're all out of contract in the summer anyway, we won't need to!
  • Options
    Plus as most of the contracts expiring next year were made when we were a league one club, some of the players may feel they deserve a wage rise for being at a higher level.
  • Options

Plus as most of the contracts expiring next year were made when we were a league one club, some of the players may feel they deserve a wage rise for being at a higher level.

It's possible/likely that a wage rise upon promotion to the Champs was written in to their contracts.

• Options
    Somebody on another thread said something like, "..... we will have to wait until the clubs feeding at the top table have finished their business, before we can do ours".

Perhaps among the most sensible posts of this summer?