Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Positive thread

Gana give 3 reasons why we won't even have relegation on the radar this season and 3 reasons why we can challenge for the playoffs/get a promotion.

1. We ended last season season on a high...unbeaten in our last 9 competitive matches (if I'm right) relegation fears got a boot in the face.
2. We pull it out the bag when least expected doesn't matter who we played against or where we were, if it was our day, it was our day.
3. We learnt alot last season and will take that knowledge into the up coming one (point one referral)

1. We have goals in our midfield...yeh only one striker at the moment but I choose to believe in our youth prospects it makes me feel better.
2. Green could have a fresh new start for Charlton if he works hard...he's a talented footballer and I think his contribution or new found self could be worthy benefit to where this season ends up.
3. Chris Powell....yeh we love him but even objectively if from an outside point of view he is a rare breed of manager.....makes all the difference.

Team Spirit...It's huge in football and we have a high degree of it at our club in this present time. Same squad relatively from last season. Don't look down, look up.

Comments

• Options
    Don't panic. this team is far too good to get relegated. Top 6 here we come.
  • Options
    Good thread , and good points things aren't looking to bad just hope we sign a couple of strikers at least!
  • Options
    I don't share your optimism.
    Was a strange championship last year.
    Think it will be way more competitive this year.
    Can't see us in the top half, and a couple of key injuries could see us battling relegation.
    Obviously we have a while to recruit new players but................................
  • Options
    Lost you when you bigged up Green.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sir Chris Powell
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I thought this was going to be a thread about blood. I'm pleased it's not, I'm AB Positive and would have felt left out.
  • Options

Agree.

A player who always seems to be judged on what he is going to do rather that what he's actually done.

Otherwise I agree with the OP.

With SCP we have a great manager, a solid squad (if we avoid injuries) and a good team spirit.

The frustration is that we're not that far from pushing for top 6 imho but Powell can't bring in the extra players he wants. Or at least not yet.

Maybe he will pull another rabbit out of the hat in Adamo.

But on the pitch I think it could be an interesting season
  • Options

I don't share your optimism.
    Was a strange championship last year.
    Think it will be way more competitive this year.
    Can't see us in the top half, and a couple of key injuries could see us battling relegation.
    Obviously we have a while to recruit new players but................................

Did the thread title confuse you?
  • Options
    what a good and optimistic post .. the original one that is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Green....and also a point that our squad has a refreshing attitude to just keep.improving. who needs new recruits when you've already got what you need? (One or two additions would be nice)
  • Options
    We'll be fiiiiiine.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Team Spirit...It's huge in football and we have a high degree of it at our club in this present time. Same squad relatively from last season. Don't look down, look up.

This .... as they say on a certain message board.

Team spirit can often be the difference between a poor season or a successful one.
    It can be worth extra points in the face of adversity and turn defeat into victory.

After all it is a team game - "the team is greater than the sum of its parts", philosophy which Curbs used very effectively during our successful Prem years.

• Options
    I cant wait till the season starts. Think we've got a very good core side once Adamo signs.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Dave2l said:

This .... as they say on a certain message board.

Team spirit can often be the difference between a poor season or a successful one.
    It can be worth extra points in the face of adversity and turn defeat into victory.

After all it is a team game - "the team is greater than the sum of its parts", philosophy which Curbs used very effectively during our successful Prem years.

Uplifting sentiments stated there. As commented on other threads, the videos from Spain show a happy, fit and confident squad. I liked the look of them at AFC Wimbledon - lithe and strong, and communicating with one another verbally in defence and midfield. They looked alert and lively. I don't doubt our buoyant team spirit in this build-up to the season, and dearly hope it continues until May. Yet, yet, yet... I'm concerned because we tried our best and did not beat a team two divisions below us.