Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southend United going bust (for the 7th time)....

bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23367017

Feel bad for them, I lived in Essex for a long time so popped down to Roots Hall a few times for games. Can they survive this for a 7th time?

Comments

• Worst time of the year for them, no income.

Their proposed new stadium can't seem to get off the ground and drags on and on. The old stadium already sold to Sainsbury's.

They've dragged up the money in the past, let's hope they can do it again!
  • Not good news for all concerned at Southend including ex Charlton members of staff.

Hope the situation resolves itself soon, as not nice for anyone to be out of work at present.
  • Misleading heading. The article says they've paid their o/s taxes and the winder has been withdrawn! So, not going bust at all then!
  • cafcfan said:

Misleading heading. The article says they've paid their o/s taxes and the winder has been withdrawn! So, not going bust at all then!

The article has been updated - it didn't say that initially.

• pretty soon I fear it will be news when a small(ish) club is NOT going bust
  • Didn't they turn down the offer of the Kuwaitis that have taken over ebbsfleet?
  • I mentioned this on the rumours thread a little while back, when they were linked with Bailey. A Shrimpers fan in work laughed when I told him as they have no cash at all & mentioned how many times they have done this to HMRC, leaving payment until they've been issued the order.

One day, sadly, the cupboard will be bare...
  • I still stand by the idea that if Portsmouth managed to somehow survive then every other club in the top four divisions are pretty much invincible.