Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pompey V Charlton Ath|20 July 2013|PSF|Preview, News and Match Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Just back home after a fab time in Portsmouth. Good game, nice place, nice beach on way home and the SUN shone. More of the same at Bournemouth please in a few weeks.
  • Options
    Naughty.

• Options
    Very naughty!
  • Options
    Are red division back?
  • Options
    It was all a good laugh yesterday but what was with the german bombers song (that went on... and on...) Not heard that at Charlton before, no football content... is it an EDL chant or something? Felt very out of place with the rest of the day.

I predict a diet was a great one though to the pikey family.
  • Options

Are red division back?

I think so , or someone really let one go.

• Options

It was all a good laugh yesterday but what was with the german bombers song (that went on... and on...) Not heard that at Charlton before, no football content... is it an EDL chant or something? Felt very out of place with the rest of the day.

I predict a diet was a great one though to the pikey family.

Yeah I thought singing the german bomber chant was odd, thought that was only used at England games. That family were worth the entry fee alone, proper Jeremy kyle material

• Options

Are red division back?

I don't think so, may be a few of the same people but I thought it was just the standard stand-at-the-back-and-sing crew.

I actually didn't pick out this family (God damn it) but the town centre was a real hive of deadbeats. I didn't realise meat raffles still existed either.

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Are red division back?

I don't think so, may be a few of the same people but I thought it was just the standard stand-at-the-back-and-sing crew.

I actually didn't pick out this family (God damn it) but the town centre was a real hive of deadbeats. I didn't realise meat raffles still existed either.

Portsmouth is like Gillingham-on-sea
  • Options
    What was the Bailey song, I only picked up some of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really annoyed and embarrassed when Charlton started singing "When The Saints Go marching In", what was that all about...blimey is that what we do now?

Pathetic!

• Options
    Yeah the Southampton songs were embarrassing
  • Options
    Cringeworthy stuff was that.
    600 though - not bad numbers for us.
  • Options
    After hearing that i am glad i didn't bother. Cringe, cringe, cringe.
  • Options

Just to keep things in perspective, this song was just from a few of the noisier younger bunch. No surprise that the flare was also lit in that area but to be fair they were just having a laugh and not the kind of offensive pricks you often get at other clubs. Most of our crowd were fine, pretty noisy and good natured banter, as you'd expect.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Just to keep things in perspective, this song was just from a few of the noisier younger bunch. No surprise that the flare was also lit in that area but to be fair they were just having a laugh and not the kind of offensive pricks you often get at other clubs. Most of our crowd were fine, pretty noisy and good natured banter, as you'd expect.
    Fair enough. Hope that sort of stuff is isolated. The smoke and flares are effective at the right times to be honest.
  • Options
    Everything seemed fine until the flare was lit, am I right in thinking the police took the drum away in response to this ?
  • Options
    looks like a smoke bomb not a flare
  • Options
    It was a smoke bomb

• Options
    Yes the drum was taken away and it got a bit heated with the OB which was a shame as there was a good relationship before that with police and stewards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We might see the clamp down this season on smoke and flares at all grounds.

Seem to get more popular last season with a lot of clubs.
  • Options
    Wembley style searches. Searching everyone. Personally don't mind flares or smoke bombs.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

Wembley style searches. Searching everyone. Personally don't mind flares or smoke bombs.

Bags searched before entering AFC Wimbledon last Wednesday. Don't mind, but they take only a cursory look; seems pointless. What are they expecting to find? Flares and smoke bombs, perhaps.