Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP - Proof Reading - Non Existent

Article on the back page of today's SLP
Not a Full stop for Ric at The Valley
Ricardo Fuller is training with Charlton and could be set to be offered the chance to play for them this season, writes Richard Cawley.
The addicts released the former Stoke City striker at the end of last season.
But the door was left open for the year-long, who is keeping fit with the addicts.
"Ricardo was one that I always left the possibility of bringing back," said Charlton manager Chris Powell. " I don't know about other options that he may have.
"I just shook his hand told him it was good to see him and he has got on with his training. Maybe there is a conversation to be had."
Charlton only have one senior frontman on their books - Yann kerygmatic - although Powell is continuing to pursue Tottenham striker Jon Obola, who remains his top target.
But Spurs appear more keen to push the year-long to Swindon, who are becoming like a feeder club for the north Londoners.
"Jon fitted in really well with us and was popular with the players and fans," said Powell.
"He is one I feel would add to us but he is a Spurs player and we've got to respect that."

Comments

• Options
    Kerygmatic and Obola??
  • Options
    Obola sounds like that deadly flesh-eating disease.
  • Options
    addicts??
  • Options
    kerygmatic sounds like a washing machine
  • Options
    I look forward to seeing Kerygmatic and Kermorgant up front together.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

addicts??

We all will be soon the way things are going :P
  • Options

kerygmatic sounds like a washing machine

It does! - and an Oirish one, at that.

• Options
    they could be breaching their news now t's and c's... believe me I know all about that..
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Obola had me in tears
  • Options
    Kerygmatic and Obola are our new signings?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Would guess it is a spellcheck issue, although even without the spelling mistakes there are some words missing.
  • Options
    sounds like they did a find and replace for year-long, it makes no sense in either sentence.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Would guess it is a spellcheck issue, although even without the spelling mistakes there are some words missing.

I sometimes have trouble with my spiel chucker but that's a horrendous article. Reads like it was written by a school student and the typos are unreal

• Options
    Richard Cawley, the author of this piece, is having his brain eaten by the deadly Obola disease.
  • Options
    It reads like a piss take. Is he a spanner?
  • Options
    Fulham fan apparently
  • Options
    That was written for the South Lebanon Press and has just been translated directly to a British newspaper using Google Translate.
  • Options
    Feckin Spanner rag.
  • Options

Richard Cawley, the author of this piece, is having his brain eaten by the deadly Obola disease.

LOL!
  • Options
    As one paper once wrote in the late 70's .....Derek Holes and Mike Flanagas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Written on a mobile?
  • Options
    I'm sure I have a Shrewsbury programme from the late 70's where in our team at No. 7 was Colin Towell, followed by Eric Pales at No. 8
  • Options
    A spell check was done just prior to sending and replaced some of the words. It wasn't picked up before it was sent to the printers. Also capped some of the words in headlines which should not have been the case.
    Apologies. No offence intended.
  • Options

A spell check was done just prior to sending and replaced some of the words. It wasn't picked up before it was sent to the printers. Also capped some of the words in headlines which should not have been the case.
    Apologies. No offence intended.

Nobody is blaming you but someone should get a very slapped wrist for not proofing surely
  • Options
    Issue was that it had been proofed but spellcheck came as final step. Won't be done that way anymore.
    It's never been an issue before doing the process like that.
  • Options
    Are you Joe Kinnear writing under a pseudonym?
  • Options

Are you Joe Kinnear writing under a pseudonym?

There's a joke in 'ere.

• Options
    edited July 2013

Issue was that it had been proofed but spellcheck came as final step. Won't be done that way anymore.
    It's never been an issue before doing the process like that.

Must have been a few sharp intakes of breath in the office when that arrived, Rich . . .
  • Options
    'Get the subs in here, NOW!'
  • Options
    Stick it up here before you put it in the paper next time to be proof read, everyone's a f**king grammatical genius.