Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Handicap Betting Odds 2013/14 Season

Charlton are 40/1 to win the title which is to be fair unlikely, I would love to be proved wrong.
What about the handicap bet of +24 points @ 18/1 at WH, I was thinking this might be worth a punt any thoughts ?

Comments

• Options
    You need to look at what other teams are given too - others will have a bigger start than that. Still, 24 points is reasonably generous.
  • Options
    Handicap bet could be worth a punt, but given the quality of the teams that have come down this year i can see them putting together some long unbeaten runs with 8 to 10 teams battling it out for the play offs.Do i think we will get 64 points plus then for me it has to be a no.
  • Options
    Keep an eye for the 72 page football guide in tuesday's racing post.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

You need to look at what other teams are given too - others will have a bigger start than that. Still, 24 points is reasonably generous.

This is spot-on.
    A very difficult market to get right.

Look at Yeovil last year - won it by miles !

• Options
    Anyone know who won the League 2 handicap last year? I had Gillingham with something in the region of +14 and presumed that I'd backed a winner, only to find the £180 I was expecting to find in my Stan James account conspicuous by its absence!
  • Options
    Think burton, won leauge 2 handicap last year, I had gills as well finished about 4th in the list after they threw away that large lead.
  • Options
    Thanks @RaplhMilne. Think the Gills will do alright this season as well, tempted to back 'em again.
  • Options

IdleHans said:

This is spot-on.
    A very difficult market to get right.

Look at Yeovil last year - won it by miles !

Wow - that was some handicap if it enabled them to jump a league !!!
  • Options
    :)
    Sorry, I meant in L1 of course.