Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scottish Football Sensation!!!

The Scottish Professional Football League has revealed the names of its league competitions.

The new body was set up following the merger of the Scottish Premier League and the Scottish Football League.

The new top-flight will be called the Scottish Premiership, with the old First Division renamed the Scottish Championship.

Divisions Two and Three will now be known as Scottish League One and Scottish League Two.

"A mountain of work has been done over the summer to get to this point and I believe there is much more that can be done," said SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster.
Is he having a laugh? Hardly original are they? Someone just took a peek over Hadrian's Wall!

Comments

• have they also decided to re-name the Highland League as the Scottish Conference?
  • To be fair we have the Premier League NOT The Premiership so they really did have a lot of work to do over the summer.
  • It is all preparation for the British League

Once the top sides bugger off to the European Super League and take Sky with them, of course
  • The scots international squad was announced on Monday .. Not a Rangers player in it .. I don't really follow scots football but this must surely be a very rare occurence
  • Don't know if a third division (or Scottish League One) player has ever been selected.
  • Don't know if a third division (or Scottish League One) player has ever been selected.

though Rangers and some of the playing staff are not really 3rd strata class and are in a false position .. I y s w I m
  • The scots international squad was announced on Monday .. Not a Rangers player in it .. I don't really follow scots football but this must surely be a very rare occurence

Of the 29 only 5 play in Scotland.

One of the squad is currently "without club / unattached"
  • edited July 2013

Don't know if a third division (or Scottish League One) player has ever been selected.

Lee Wallace was in the squad for a friendly a few months ago wasn't he ?

Edit - yes he was - I don't think he played though http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/braveheart-lee-wallace-is-so-proud-over-scotland-call-up-114398n.20070612
  • Newco was a fourth division team then :-)