Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sammy Yu looking to buy Sheff W

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23434365

He looks like a trustworthy sort, snigger.

Former Birmingham City director Sammy Yu is heading a consortium looking to buy Sheffield Wednesday.

BBC Radio Sheffield reports that Yu, who left Blues in September 2010,is in talks to purchase the club from current owner Milan Mandaric.

Ex-Portsmouth and Leicester chairman Mandaric took over in December 2010.

He revealed that the Owls were losing around £5m a yearat the end of last season and suggested he would be willing to sell the Championship club.

The Serb told BBC Radio Sheffield last month: "I'm not just looking for any buyer, I'm looking for the right buyer who can take this club where it wants to go.

"There are a lot of people who come and have a look at the club but we're not pushing to sell the club at the moment.

"I said before if someone proper comes along and they are the right person for the club then I will step aside."

Wednesday finished 18th last season and have not played in the top flight of English football since 1999-2000.

Yu's interest in the Owls follows recent reports that he had ended a bid to take over Birmingham.

Comments

• Sammy Yu .. who? .. oh Sammy yooo hoooo .. if he buys the owls he'll be Sammy whit tooo whhhoooo yoooooo
  • "Sammy who?"
    "Sammy you",
    "no not me who",
    "no yu",
    "I said WHO, oh forget it!".
  • edited July 2013
    It does make me laugh when chairmen come out with that old twaddle "I'm not just looking for any buyer, I'm looking for the right buyer who can take this club where it wants to go". Just making the right noises so the fans don't get on his back before he goes. Any businessman who owns a company that's losing £5m a year will sell to the first person silly enough to buy it. End of..................
  • Milan Mandaric owns Wednesday, the latest in a line of clubs he's bought and sold .. he usually manages to turn a tidy profit
  • Milan Mandaric owns Wednesday, the latest in a line of clubs he's bought and sold .. he usually manages to turn a tidy profit

You may be correct, but what happens to the clubs he leaves behind?

Leicester have minted owners, they just have spent it terribly

Leicester (as says kentaddick) have minted owners and a dickhead manager who is wasting all their money ... Portsmouth is a basket case and has changed hands more times than an ambidextrous w***er