Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live interview with Stuart Balmer - Any Questions?

We are recording an interview with former centre back Stuart Balmer, any questions for Stuart?

Comments

• Options
    Why does his cousin in Thailand wear such naughty Hawaiian shirts?
  • Options
    After the "own goals start" to his time with us, did he think he would ever get the level of fan support that he eventually did ?

• Options
    Has he still got his boots and has he ever played up front ?
  • Options
    Legend. Didn't he get a punctured lung during a match then carried on playing for a while.
  • Options

Legend. Didn't he get a punctured lung during a match then carried on playing for a while.

Yep, big balls but im sure he gave away a goal before going off
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    shine166 said:

Yep, big balls but im sure he gave away a goal before going off
    Yeah, remember that quite vividly, could see he was struggling to get his breath.

Would be interesting to know his thoughts at the time, did he realise the extent of the injury or thought he was just winded and how long before the sobering thought of "oh shit, I'm in trouble here"

And tell him I loved him from the moment he pulled on a red shirt. 100% every game............
  • Options
    Says on Wikipedia that he was the first outfield player in England to wear the No. 1 jersey. Ask him if he has any other claims to fame
  • Options
    With the recent hot weather, is he feeling sweaty...
  • Options
    Best drinker during his time at the club?
  • Options
    How much did I inspire the team to promotion in 97/98 when he was captain and I was mascot on the first home game of the season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the F A Cup win at Ewood Park, did he really telephone Darren Pitcher pretending to be Kenny Dalglish wanting to buy him?

And if so, did Pitcher fall for it?
  • Options
    Who was the person that first called you "Sweaty" ?
  • Options
    What is he up to these days , and does he still shop at Tesco's?
  • Options
    Did he prefer to play at centre back or right back?
    How did he feel wearing number 1 on his back for an entire season?
  • Options
    Message to PeteF - Would it be possible to post transcripts of the player interviews here on CL, for those who don't listen to Charlton Live?
  • Options
    The interviews will be used on Charlton Lives main Sunday Show, and then included a few weeks later on our 1 hour Meridian Show broadcast on Friday nights and available as a download on iTunes, providing a transcript is a question of time, time which I do not have sadly, as well as the Sunday show we produce the Meridian show, and have two new shows for Meridian starting in mid August.
  • Options
    Pete, do you have copies of the interviews in non iTunes format?
  • Options
    We do keep copies for future use. Something we are looking at is putting some on our website, again time is the issue.
  • Options
    What did he feel like getting marginalized in the 97-98 season? What reasons did Curbishley say why he went with Phil Chapple that season?
  • Options
    Talking to Stuart this Thursday, your last chance for questions....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does he know where David Button has gone?
  • Options
    Decent interview, will be on Sunday nights show