Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man Citeh tickets update

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
an absolutely stonking 563 tickets have been snapped up already. An awesome show of support for what is a meaningless game after all.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2007
    that's not a bad start for a match out in the sticks, on a good friday, kicking off at 5.15pm, live on tv, not on general sale yet and with a home game still to be played beforehand...the 1689 allocation should go...
  • Options
    maybe I expect too much. Big game, limited tickets, home game played Sunday, Bank Holiday, sleep in next morning, should have sold out by now.
  • Options
    More than I thought would be sold at this stage.

A load will buy before Wigan but lets be honest here, no way in the world this will sell out.

Already double what we took there last season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]More than I thought would be sold at this stage.

A load will buy before Wigan but lets be honest here, no way in the world this will sell out.

Already double what we took there last season.

IF we don't sell out it will, IMO, be a disgrace. We should sell out and then be begging for more. I don't expect fans to go to every away game but there are some that don't go to any but at the moment we should be expecting some of those to come out of the woodwork as it were and make a extra special effort for either City or Everton or Blackburn.
  • Options
    Totally agree it will be a disgrace.

But this is Charltons away support we are talking about.

There are a few factors in this one as well, namely Easter weekend and the kick off time.

I was bang up for the original ko time of 2.30, not as up for a 5.15ko.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]that's not a bad start for a match out in the sticks, on a good friday, kicking off at 5.15pm, live on tv, not on general sale yet and with a home game still to be played beforehand...the 1689 allocation should go...

Wrong. It's a terrible start. How is Manchester out in the sticks? Also there's no work, no school, decent timed kick off, massive game. Maybe people are waiting until they get paid before the Wigan game?
    By the way, is it on prem plus or normal sky. If its prem plus people will have to pay anyway
  • Options
    Prem Plus.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Totally agree it will be a disgrace.

But this is Charltons away support we are talking about.

There are a few factors in this one as well, namely Easter weekend and the kick off time.

I was bang up for the original ko time of 2.30, not as up for a 5.15ko.

so how many should we get v Reading on Easter Monday ??
  • Options
    Err home game???

You can still plan a day around a home game. City away the coaches leave at 9.30-10 and will get back at 1-2.

Personally I hate 5.15ko's unless its something like Newcastle when your there for the weekend.

If it was 12.45ko I would be there in a shot, but thinking about giving this a swerve and ive done all but 3 away games this season.
  • Options
    A lot more to this than just the time and distance, i would love to go to every away game but due to finances this does not work. I have 3 kids to take to every game cant afford this every time.

It's not that i dont support the team it's that sometimes it's just not possible.

Point taken there should be enough to fill it no problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    600 sold already for a game over two and a half weeks away is much better than i would of thought at this stage.

in fact, knowing how disorganised most are, i'm quite impressed !
  • Options
    Don't forget a lot of people get paid in the last 3rd of the month, I don't get paid till tomorrow at which stage I shall buy my ticket.
  • Options
    a few of us are going to get tickets for this but are dreading the travelling. we want to get a room for the night in manchester. Any know of any cheapish hotels near to the ground?
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    try here....if you book it online it's £39.00 - this is where 3 of us are staying. It's about 15minutes in a cab to the ground but in the city centre for the night life.

Travelodge

Black Friars Street

Manchester

M3 5AL

www.travelodge.co.uk
  • Options
    nice one Hillsy.. i shall have a look
  • Options
    the 'stay inn' is also another option just a bit further down from the travelodge, they do 3 adult rooms too. 2 twins with a bunk bed over the top to save costs
    it used to be called the dolby
  • Options
    Really do hope we dont sell out, would probably lead to scenes like at Watford infighting etc.
  • Options
    calm down,600 sold for a game nearly half a month away,what is law we buy our ticket on the day they come out,people can do as they please.
  • Options
    They'll sell out at the Wigan game.
  • Options
    defo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]that's not a bad start for a match out in the sticks, on a good friday, kicking off at 5.15pm, live on tv, not on general sale yet and with a home game still to be played beforehand...the 1689 allocation should go...

Wrong. It's a terrible start. How is Manchester out in the sticks? Also there's no work, no school, decent timed kick off, massive game. Maybe people are waiting until they get paid before the Wigan game?
    By the way, is it on prem plus or normal sky. If its prem plus people will have to pay anyway

of course its out in the sticks...is it in london ? NO...is there a direct train service to and from the place ? NO...i rest my case...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]calm down,600 sold for a game nearly half a month away,what is law we buy our ticket on the day they come out,people can do as they please.

the voice of reason...