Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it wrong to hate a certain race?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Stone said:

what about that Tour de France? Just a load of blokes on push-bikes...........

What I don't understand is why hundreds of thousands of punters turn up to watch. Presumably they travel for miles to stand by the roadside, watch a bunch of cyclists flash past, then pack up and go home again. Utterly baffling.

• Options
    edited July 2013

Stone said:

What I don't understand is why hundreds of thousands of punters turn up to watch. Presumably they travel for miles to stand by the roadside, watch a bunch of cyclists flash past, then pack up and go home again. Utterly baffling.

This, but for rally racing, stand in a muddy ditch for hours just to see a shit encrusted hatchback either go flying past caking you in shit, or go flying towards you as they crash. And you have to do it all in a remote wood in Wales, and you don't know who won the rally until ages afterwards when you get home!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Stone said:

This, but for rally racing, stand in a muddy ditch for hours just to see a shit encrusted hatchback either go flying past caking you in shit, or go flying towards you as they crash. And you have to do it all in a remote wood in Wales, and you don't know who won the rally until ages afterwards when you get home!
    Ha ha! Lovely!

• Options

Stone said:

The lack of security means you can push them off! Also it's on TV...

That being said it is the world's best race.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Stone said:

Ha ha! Lovely!

I'd say the same about F1 - blink and the car is 100 or so metres down the road.
  • Options
    Speedway.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Stone said:

Ha ha! Lovely!

I'd say the same about F1 - blink and the car is 100 or so metres down the road.
    Oh, I agree with that, too. A quarter of a million punters pitch up at Hockenheim to watch a load of identical-looking cars with no aesthetic merit and emblazoned with corporate logos whizz past every few minutes. What's that all about? I simply don't get it.

• Options
    I can't stand to look at Alan Pardew's boat race, does that count?
  • Options

I can't stand to look at Alan Pardew's boat race, does that count?

Plus one.

He's such a smarmy looking cnut.
  • Options
    Boat race. Same two teams every year? What's that all about?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rat Race is my least favourite Specials track.
  • Options
    Roy Race and anyone in a Melchester Rovers shirt, they were the Palace of the comic book world
  • Options

Yes.
  • Options
    I find any form of NASCAR racing unbearable.
  • Options

Stone said:

Aah, but there's also the free tat that gets thrown at spectators by the sponsors as they whizz past in their vehicles...
  • Options
    The dad race at primary school sports day, my dad buckled over, embarrassing to say the least.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Stone said:

Why, there's nothing more exhilirating than standing on the top of the Pyrenees in a mankini, sporting a devils mask, and trident, waiting half day in the freezing cold just to run for half a mile to see if you can keep up with the peloton, before one of them smashes you in the face, or chucks a plastic bottle at you as they ride past.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it :-)))

• Options
    Just a thought;
    If you took this thead and stuck it on a millwa*k forum, how would the users react?!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    masicat said:

I hate South Africans !

What about Belgians and Moroccans?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in the obstacle race at junior school, got my watch stuck in the net I was crawling under.
  • Options
    Snail racing....what...?
  • Options

masicat said:

I hate South Africans !

What about Belgians and Moroccans?
    Stalker !
  • Options
    I remember the year, at junior school, when I won my race and my sister, my dad and my mum all won theirs! If only I could run like that now!