Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Championship Points 2013/14 - Spread Betting

2»

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

If you have time on your hand I would suggest looking at each teams opening 4 games and try and find the one with the 'easiest' schedule.

Then if all goes well and they get near maximum points, the spread will go up and you can cash out nice and early for a little profit.

I used to think that was a viable strategy but they tend to move the spreads very judiciously aware that form ebbs and flows over the season. This is particularly obvious in the Premiership where there is a clutch of ten or so mediocre teams which will invariably end up with 40-50 points, regardless of little spells of good form here and there (think WBA at the start of last season with 26 points from 13 games, but ultimately only getting 49 in total).

Moreover even in a more unpredictable division like ours, I suspect that they take into account the difficulty (or ease) of a team's fixtures before adjusting the spread significantly.

After all their goal is to maintain as best as they can a balanced book of buys and sells and just earn the spread (they are not really in the game of actually taking a view directly). Thus if their relatively well-informed punters don't over-react to short-term 'noise' then neither will they.