Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Galician/Spanish Train Crash

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    In the late 80's and early 90's when I was a signalman I was shocked at how often I had a SPAD ( Signal Passed At Danger) and how the idea of a advanced warning/breaking system was rejected on the grounds of costs.
    Nearly all the drivers admitted losing focus was the cause and not speed. Today seems a very strange incident because it seems that speed is the only cause as the driver admitted speeding.

RIP to all those who will never reach their destination.
  • Options
    That was when the boil in bag drivers came on line without the training they needed,spads nearly everyday then!!!

• Options
    richie8 said:

That was when the boil in bag drivers came on line without the training they needed,spads nearly everyday then!!!

They paid £80 for their training. In Doncaster
  • Options
    Seems the driver was a c****
  • Options
    richie8 said:

Insightful.
  • Options

The trains i work on dont have anything called ABS but if your talking about DSD ( drivers safety device) then the answer is 55 to 60 seconds. But all trains differ. Enjoy your sleep.

Wrong, it's 2.5 seconds
    Nobody cares.
  • Options

richie8 said:

Insightful.
    Just being concise!
  • Options
    If what's being reported is true, its unbelievable that in the year 2013, this kind of thing can happen purely down to human error.
  • Options
    It is unreal and worrying that this can happen due to one person rob I bet train companies across the world are looking into what they have in place
  • Options
    Another one in Switzerland now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23494203

"It doesn't rain, it pours" comes to mind here