Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kick It Out meeting with Clark Carlise, the current Chairman of the PFA.

13»

Comments

• Options
    .... and then in later years getting involved in a legal fight for FARE JUSTICE NOT VENGEANCE after discovering that the NF/BNP were being allowed to use the Old Addeyans FC/Densitron International PLC clubhouse development in the 1990/91 season.....

Can I ask why there was a legal fight to stop the BNP from holding a meeting at this venue?
    I do not understand the relevance - sorry.

• Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    Roy, this has now moved a fair bit away from the original discussion with regards to Ben Odeje and is now holding little Charlton reference.

I genuinely applaud your efforts to eradicate racism from football, and society in general, but i am increasingly uneasy with your single subject contributions to our forum, the public sharing of private correspondence, and the forwarding of discussions on here to wider groups / individuals. This is not what we provide our forum for.

So i wish you the best of luck in efforts, and kindly ask you to respect the above.

AFKA
  • Options
    Roy, I am glad you think this thread it REVEALING and you have alerted the appropriate people. Many of us however, find this thread BAFFLING.

I am very interested in the story of Ben Odeje. Could you tell me (us) how you or your organisation went about getting this piece of history changed, the background to the campaign and why it only happened recently?

In your reply please do not refer to BNP / NP / American neo-Nazis / police / entry-ism.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    RoyRoy
    edited July 2013
    Thank you all for your time, and patience.

@DRF

Quite simply I've known Ben Odeje since we were at both at primary school in Deptford, he went to Lucas Vale, I went to Tidemill. He was on schoolboy forms with Charlton Athletic when he played for England Schools in 1971, and that set a precedent which changed the face of English football in every sense. I've always recognised the significance of Ben's story since inception, because I was a Blackheath & Kent Schools team mate as well as being at Charlton with Ben, and Terry Pyne another good friend from Blackheath Schools.

@KenfromBexley knows that I've been campaigning for years to get the story told, and the reasons why are fully detailed here http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/55316/ben-odeje#latest

Ben & I linked up on facebook via his wife Scott just after Christmas 2012, since when we joined forces to challenge the myth that Laurie Cunningham was England's first black footballer.

This picture from Scott Odeje's facebook page reveals why the story is so important to Ben, Nigeria, and all of Africa too http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151431148920940&set=a.10151168241535940.440136.718450939&type=1&theater

Good luck to Chris Powell and the team, I hope that our old club Charlton have a great 2013/14 season.