Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ha Ha Ha

Palace boss suffers ‘one of the worst weeks’ of his life after collapsed deals for Newcastle ace and ex-West Ham hitman

Sunday, July 28, 2013 12:14 PM

Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway admitted his frustration after deals for former West Ham striker Carlton Cole and Newcastle midfielder Dan Gosling collapsed.

Comments

• I don't feel we're in any position to laugh at other teams transfer dealings...
  • Terrible timing to mock palace and transfer dealings.
  • bore off!

Terrible timing to mock palace and transfer dealings.

I don't feel we're in any position to laugh at other teams transfer dealings...

This, this and this
  • I think he should thank his lucky stars for that piece of misfortune. And they are in the premiership and we can't sign a forward no ones heard of. Ha bloody ha indeed.
  • What an awful thread.
  • edited July 2013
    He's had a result .. both are 'kin useless
  • edited July 2013
    Thought this was going to be a thread about Ha Ha's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ha-ha

Saw a cracking example at Mount Ephraim Gardens earlier today.
  • How many players have Palace signed? How many have they been in talks with? Conversely, how many have we signed?

This country.
  • Sponsored links:

• How bizarre .......
  • Worst weeks of his life? Sounds a bit dramatic.
  • We should know not getting Carlton Cole is hardley a disaster.
  • So much for the "£120 million"
  • How can we laugh at them? Ridiculous that there's another thread on them
  • J BLOCK said:

How can we laugh at them? Ridiculous that there's another thread on them

Agreed. I think there should be an amnesty on palarse threads until they are officially relegated. I predict about February/ march time.
  • He's increasingly becoming a parody of himself. Did anyone hear his outburst after the Crawley game. He was ranting like a hysterical child about how he had a player in the team that he hadn't known would be there, who the rest of the squad didn't know and who thought that he was going to a different club. No explanation why he played him. I'm sure his meltdowns will be very amusing this season. Still think they're being pretty canny. Don't spend much go down wiht a squad on Championship wages, with the coffers full and parachute money pouring in.
  • I wouldn't laugh too loudly at Holloway and Palace.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility, in my opinion, that Holloway will be sacked around Christmas by Palace and a bright young former player, living locally to Croydon, will seize the opportunity of a fledgling managerial career to manage a Premiership club given the apparent lack of support he is now receiving from the Board of his current club.

• Don't even go there Len :o(

Do you reckon we could get a group rate for the euthanasia of CL if that happened?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2013

LenGlover said:

I wouldn't laugh too loudly at Holloway and Palace.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility, in my opinion, that Holloway will be sacked around Christmas by Palace and a bright young former player, living locally to Croydon, will seize the opportunity of a fledgling managerial career to manage a Premiership club given the apparent lack of support he is now receiving from the Board of his current club.

I would still love him.
  • It just shows that there are difficulties signing players at all levels of football right now.

I suspect that the players are asking for more money than they are going to get. I think that this is more of an indication that the players are going to have to lower their expectations as we get nearer to the end of the transfer window.

Palace have some money, but they would be mad to commit to big contracts without relegation clauses, which I expect these two players are just not interested in signing.

Do you reckon we could get a group rate for the euthanasia of CL if that happened?
    See you all at the white cliffs of Dover for a mass lemming style hari-kari.