Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mobile phone horror

Although I have a mobile phone, I don't have anyone's number on it and I only take it with me if i'm driving alone as my partner always has hers with her. In addition I don't know about aps and don't even know how to text. Well this morning the gf's phone rang but there wasn't a caller. I asked how this could happen. Her reply: "I probably accidentally touched the fake call button" So I'm taking it that most phones have a facility that helps you to lie more convincingly!

Oh f**king deary me!

Comments

• what are you on about maybe

I cant make tails nor heads of what you just wrote
  • edited August 2013

what are you on about maybe

I cant make tails nor heads of what you just wrote

Basically that you can pretend you are getting a call rather than tell the person you are with that they're a boring twat or whatever.

• Although Well this morning the gf's phone rang but there wasn't a caller. I asked how this could happen. Her reply: "I probably accidentally touched the fake call button" So I'm taking it that most phones have a facility that helps you to lie more convincingly!

Oh f**king deary me!

I may, or may not, have used this function to get out of work once!

• never heard of such a button
  • Although Well this morning the gf's phone rang but there wasn't a caller. I asked how this could happen. Her reply: "I probably accidentally touched the fake call button" So I'm taking it that most phones have a facility that helps you to lie more convincingly!

Oh f**king deary me!

Although Well this morning the gf's phone rang but there wasn't a caller. I asked how this could happen. Her reply: "I probably accidentally touched the fake call button" So I'm taking it that most phones have a facility that helps you to lie more convincingly!

Oh f**king deary me!

I think that's forgivable.

• never heard of such a button

So I'm not all alone in the Dinosaur club.

• nope seems not
  • I shall be downloading this app immediately
  • where can i find this button?!
  • ts like the ladies special button we all search but only the great find *)
  • Sponsored links:

• swear my old HTC had this on the phone. didnt need an app.
  • swear my old HTC had this on the phone. didnt need an app.

This feature was on the £10 Alcatel phone that I was using at the time.
  • My phone went through the washing machine the other day but amazingly it's still going.
  • Talal said:

My phone went through the washing machine the other day but amazingly it's still going.

That's probably a Bosch, they seem to go on forever.

• Whenever my phone rings and my missus answers it, there is no-one on the other end either.

Ususally because it's that bird from the petrol station asking me if I want to meet her for a bit of 'how's your father'!

Know what I mean??!!??!!
  • Although I have a mobile phone, I don't have anyone's number...

Maybe it's the way you're asking ;-)
  • edited August 2013
    Talal said:

My phone went through the washing machine the other day but amazingly it's still going.

Maybe you should turn off the washing machine, you should be able to get it out then :)

• Yep I could've worded it better :D
  • Stig said:

Although I have a mobile phone, I don't have anyone's number...

Maybe it's the way you're asking ;-)
    It's an old persons thing...phone me at home, not when I'm out enjoying myself etc.

• Whenever my phone rings and my missus answers it, there is no-one on the other end either.

Ususally because it's that bird from the petrol station asking me if I want to meet her for a bit of 'how's your father'!

Know what I mean??!!??!!

sadly, this was my first thought.

This is one of the benefits to my girl not really being able to speak English ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

Talal said:

That's probably a Bosch, they seem to go on forever.

Very good.

As for the OP - I've never understood the pride of not knowing how to use technology.
  • Hang on a minute, sorry - have just got to take this call