Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

train disruption

Due to person hit by train at London Bridge expect severe disruption on South Eastern trains this evening.

Comments

• Platform 2. quoting 60 min delays at moment.
  • There's an obstruction at Denmark Hill as well; so watch out if you're on the London Overground as there's no service between Surrey Quays and Clapham Junction. FCC/SE City Thameslink services are unaffected however.

So Canada Water to Elephant and Castle via Jubilee and Northern lines (changing at London Bridge) and then by train is one way to get there if you're meant to be using the overground.
  • Platforms 1, 2 and 3 all out. Just jumped on Greenwich train on 4. Try your luck there as they're diverting all trains through that one. Or you can use your overground ticket on tube / DLR tonight.
  • Took an hour and a half to get from LB to Maze Hill - ridiculous.
  • Sorry but I live living in deepest darkest France-feeling cushty
  • Carnage at LB I am told.
  • So glad I'm on leave this week... Camber was nice today!!
  • I was on the 3.04 Charing Cross to Dartford today, it wasn't packed but it was still hotter than the sun. Don't envy anyone getting on a train that will be at bursting point after delays like that.
  • I luckily got on the 4:54 from Waterloo East via Bexleyheath. Managed to get to New Cross before they shut the electricity down on the line and ended up waiting there for about 40 minutes before we moved again.

Girlfriend was more unfortunate, finished work at 4 went to Denmark hill ended up getting a bus to Catford and walking to Eltham!
  • Webbja77 said:

So glad I'm on leave this week... Camber was nice today!!

So was St Marys Bay, just got back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Train spotters the lot of you!
  • Heard that a kid tripped onto the tracks. A cabbie told me this so could be rubbish.

Either way, when someone dies it puts a bit of disruption and getting home late into perspective.
  • Got to Cannon St about 5.10 last night and from the floods of people exiting the station we realised there were major issues. Walked to Bank, got DLR to Lewisham and bus from there back to Sidcup to pick up the nipper from my mum's. Got home about 7.00 so not really that bad but a long and extremely hot journey!
  • I read somewhere that someone fainted and fell on to the tracks and died. Terrible news whatever happened, it was a fatality.

The local cab offices were making a fortune last night getting people home from various stations due to cancellations.