Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Some people really do amaze me

This just emailed to everyone in my office:

ON 2nd APRIL THE COST OF A FIRST CLASS STAMP GOES UP TO 34p. IF YOU STOCK UP ON FIRST CLASS STAMPS NOW YOU WILL PAY 32p BUT WILL STILL BE ABLE TO USE THE SAME STAMP FOR POST AFTER 02/04/07

Now, surely the effort of going to the post office and 'stocking up' on stamps seriously outweighs the 2p per stamp saving you'd be making.

Comments

• Options
    Ha ha - I like it!

Just think, some people will be rushing out to do that and buy a years worth of stamps just to save themselves a pound or two. If they put the same money in a savings account and just bought stamps when they needed them they'd be in exactly the same boat!
  • Options
    When the price goes up they change colour and the old stamp becomes invalid. They're not fools at the Post Office!
    Tell you friend that his scam is a sham!
  • Options
    Stamps are such a rip off, I find it much cheaper to make my own.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]When the price goes up they change colour and the old stamp becomes invalid. They're not fools at the Post Office!
    Tell you friend that his scam is a sham!

Actually Dave, I dont' think that's right - at least not straight away.

That's why they changed it so that 1st class stamps just say "1st" now, rather than the monetary value that they used to have on them, so that people didn't have to go out and buy extra 1p or 2p stamps everytime the price went up.
  • Options
    If you buy a book of 1st class stamps they have a use by date on them, honest. Take a look.
  • Options
    Stamps , postcodes , jumpers to work

Who says we're a bunch of anoraks eh
  • Options
    they do not. I buy stamps in 100 packs and that they jsut say 1st on them.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]they do not. I buy stamps in 100 packs and that they jsut say 1st on them.

LOL!!!
    I wanted someone to go and buy some to look!

Couldn't give a hoot really.
  • Options
    just bung the post romm manager a few drinks to put it through the franking machine LOL

OOPS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Stamps , postcodes , jumpers to work

Who says we're a bunch of anoraks eh

LOL - You forgot engineering works!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]they do not. I buy stamps in 100 packs and that they jsut say 1st on them.

Can I ask, why?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]just bung the post romm manager a few drinks
    I hope the post romm manager is still pards
  • Options
    i've bought tons in advance as i'm mailing out medders wedding invitations I hope they don't expire/change colour before i get to use them or i'll kick right off!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

Can I ask, why?

i dont really know, they just dont say it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i've bought tons in advance as i'm mailing out medders wedding invitations I hope they don't expire/change colour before i get to use them or i'll kick right off!

I can nick my sister's crayons for some editing if you'd like!!
  • Options
    Very good
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]This just emailed to everyone in my office:

ON 2nd APRIL THE COST OF A FIRST CLASS STAMP GOES UP TO 34p. IF YOU STOCK UP ON FIRST CLASS STAMPS NOW YOU WILL PAY 32p BUT WILL STILL BE ABLE TO USE THE SAME STAMP FOR POST AFTER 02/04/07

Now, surely the effort of going to the post office and 'stocking up' on stamps seriously outweighs the 2p per stamp saving you'd be making.

If it was your money, I bet you'd bloody well do it.....:-) Up to very recently I ran my own business and I would definitely do it.

If you are running your own business and you don't have that mentality, it's pretty easy to go skint
  • Options
    2p per stamp, my charge out rate is £120 an hour.

I think my boss would rather have me working than buying stamps :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]This just emailed to everyone in my office:

If it was your money, I bet you'd bloody well do it.....:-) Up to very recently I ran my own business and I would definitely do it.

If you are running your own business and you don't have that mentality, it's pretty easy to go skint

Sorry Bing, but that's a false economy. Run your business like that and you definitely will go skint.

For every grands worth of stamps you bought you would "save" yourself about £60, but the point is that your capital would be tied up in bloody stamps! As I said before, if you took that same grand and invested it somewhere - even in just a savings account with a decent rate - and bought your stamps when you needed them, your return would be about the same, but your capital wouldn't be tied up until you used up a shed load of stamps!

Christ, what am I doing - STILL taliking about bleedin stamps!