Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking in Greenwich

Taking the car up so we can mooch around tomorrow afternoon, Probably around 2ish .Any recommendations? Last time I drove up I parked in the car park near the trafalgar.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Park across the road from there, there is a car park in Greenwich park. The road that leads you to the plume ( Park Row) about 100yards up on the right from the main road. Just drive up to the barrier and a bloke will come out of the hut and raise it. Not many people know about it and its cheap compared to the other car parks around or meters.
  • Options
    Park on the heath, which is free. Walk down through the park, assuming walking isn't a problem
  • Options
    There's a pulblic car park round the back of the Ibis although haven't parked there for a couple of years

Never knew about the one guiness mentioned that sounds the best bet although it'll be full of us CL geeks in weeks to come!
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Taking the car up so we can mooch around tomorrow afternoon, Probably around 2ish .Any recommendations? Last time I drove up I parked in the car park near the trafalgar.

I know that one's expensive, because I parked there a few weeks ago.

On my next visit I parked for free in Vanbrugh Park Road West, which runs between Vanbrugh Park and Westcombe Park Road. It's only a 5 min walk to the Maze Hill park entrance & if you're down the bottom of the park, at the end of the day, you can always leave the family down there & walk back up the hill, to get the car yourself & pick them up at the bottom of Maze Hill park entrance/exit
  • Options
    Don't park on a meter almost west end prices! Ridiculously expensive.
  • Options
    coming from the Lewisham direction I'd park in Elverson road, near the DLR station and jump on the train to Cutty Sark.
  • Options

Park across the road from there, there is a car park in Greenwich park. The road that leads you to the plume ( Park Row) about 100yards up on the right from the main road. Just drive up to the barrier and a bloke will come out of the hut and raise it. Not many people know about it and its cheap compared to the other car parks around or meters.

Good shout that mate.Thank you.

Cost £4 for 2 hrs. Went back to top it up and the bloke in the hut told me not to worry,just get back before seven as that is when they shut the gates.