Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2nd choice Left midfielder

Who is our second choice left midfielder after Harriot? We don't seem to have one.

Comments

• Options
    Indeed a lot of pressure to put on him in his first full season.
  • Options
    Jackson
  • Options
    We know Jackson is no longer considered a left midfielder. Also that means chopping and changing our central midfield.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Jackson could, if required, still sit on the left as a wide midfielder whilst Wiggins bombs past (similar to Pritchard's role on the right) as long as we played Green or Wilson on the other flank. Problem with that might be that Jackson doesn't match Pritchard's level of endurance but then nor does anyone else in the team.

Only other I can think of is playing Evina further up the pitch than he's used to.
  • Options
    Jordan Cook?
  • Options
    Would possibly push Wiggins forward and have Evina at LB or Evina at LM and Wiggins LB.
  • Options

Would possibly push Wiggins forward and have Evina at LB or Evina at LM and Wiggins LB.

this
  • Options

this
    Or Church.
  • Options
    People need to keep very much in mind that Harriott could easily have a poor season this year. He's very young and he got thrown in last year near the end and played with no fear. He's in from the start now, he's been given the number 11 shirt and there's a lot of pressure on him. It might be that he struggles and needs to be taken out of the line of fire and hopefully he won't get too much stick if it happens. He's a very talented player but we need to get someone in as back-up to take some of the weight off his shoulders. He's only 19
  • Options

People need to keep very much in mind that Harriott could easily have a poor season this year. He's very young and he got thrown in last year near the end and played with no fear. He's in from the start now, he's been given the number 11 shirt and there's a lot of pressure on him. It might be that he struggles and needs to be taken out of the line of fire and hopefully he won't get too much stick if it happens. He's a very talented player but we need to get someone in as back-up to take some of the weight off his shoulders. He's only 19

Spot on.
    Did CP really want to go with Harriott as first choice or was it needs must I wonder?
    Would love us to have got somebody like Judge in as first choice, and continue to use Harriott as back-up / impact sub.
    He is still learning and I worry that the lumpen element of our fans may turn on him.
    He had a poor game yesterday, but there'll be days like that

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Evina or Cook
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Evina or Cook

Hate putting players down but having seen Cook pre season and from his rare appearances last season, I would be surprised if he features in SCP's plans at this moment in time.

• Options
    It's Evina.
  • Options
    I thought this yesterday at the game and Harriott played like a man who's place wasn't in danger.
  • Options
    Someone near me yesterday shouted at Harriot that he shoulf f off back to the youth team after 70odd mins. Lol! Same bloke also shouted at Sordell he was useless from 25mins onwards.
  • Options
    nice , makes you wonder why some people go to matches , must have spent too much time on their x boxes.
  • Options

nice , makes you wonder why some people go to matches , must have spent too much time on their x boxes.

This chap would have been well past short trousers by the time the xbox was invented thought so can't even blame the exuberance of youth!
  • Options
    Pritch
  • Options
    Hahaha sorry for generalising , i can't understand why people go to matches and slag players off , its like a self fulfilling prophecy.
  • Options
    Paddy McCourt is available on a free transfer, might be worth a one year deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was linked to Liverpool two years ago. What happened?
  • Options
    He was Paddy McDropped