Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Oxford Utd - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Charlton don,t bother in cups, therefore neither shall I.
  • Options
    Just got on a train at charing x. Delayed by about 40 mins.
  • Options

Just to add to the pleasure - train delays through London Bridge due to signal failure. Half-hour delays reported at 1710. Will try to keep you updated.

jubilee to north greenwich and bus it from there.
    Good tip, if coming from central London. Delays on Southeastern through London Bridge now reported as increased to 40 minutes.

• Options
    This thread has got me well up for tonight.
  • Options
    First game of the new season for me, including pre-season. COYR
  • Options
    Ah sod it, I'm going past the ground on the way home on the train so I can't resist. Good excuse for a pint and a fish supper.
  • Options
    AFKA reports that Southeastern trains out of Cannon Street are running OK.

• Options
    Mr. Happy said:

This thread has got me well up for tonight.

Lol!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Macronate said:

anyone remember the 0-0 draw with Oxford at Selhurst which was arguably the most boring game ever played since football was invented? not sure there was a single shot on target.

of course tonight will be nothing like that.

Wasn't this the game with the lowest ever crowd for a top division game in England. Only about 3,000 if I remember correctly. For that reason alone it was a memorable occasion. It was definitely a Saturday afternoon game.
  • Options
    Oxford all the way. After many years following the Addicks and the endless cup pain, I recently had the "exhilaration at a cup win gland" surgically removed as it was basically redundant and caused me endless pain at least 2 times a year. I remember the surgeons sage words when he was looking at my notes, "ah a Charlton fan, we get a few of these requests..."

1-3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEAM NEWS - Charlton: Hamer; Evina, Cort, Wood, Wilson; Cook, Hollands, Stephens, Green; Church, Pigott

Charlton subs: Pope, Dervite, Sordell, Harriott, Kermorgant, Cousins, Jordan.
  • Options

TEAM NEWS - Charlton: Hamer; Evina, Cort, Wood, Wilson; Cook, Hollands, Stephens, Green; Church, Pigott
    Charlton subs: Pope, Dervite, Sordell, Harriott, Kermorgant, Cousins, Jordan.

Can I revise my prediction?
    0-3 Oxford
  • Options
    Bloody hell that looks poor
  • Options
    Only when you see it on paper do you realise that scratch the surface of the squad and it ain't that good a reading.
  • Options
    We on the radio tonight or am I going to have to put Sky sports news/Final score on?
  • Options
    Seriously? I just had that come through on the text and thought it was a decent side to put out.

Perhaps I'd have had Harriott in for Cook as I think he could have done with a quick game against, supposedly, lower opposition to gee him up after the weekend. That team should beat Oxford, but we know how we've been in the Cup since Curbishley was manager.
  • Options
    looks decent team
  • Options
    Quite funny that Harriott is now being rested to give the youth a go
  • Options
    Just the ten changes from Saturday then. Sorry but the club needs to acknowledge the fact that we aren't going all out to win cup matches and be honest with us. What's the point saying at the pre-match press call that you will make "one or two changes" when you are only planning on keeping one player in. Its not as if Oxford are going to be spoofed by it. Predicting a new low in recent times for the Empty Ground Cup.
  • Options
    Maybe 150 people having a pint behind the east stand. Hmmm. Quite like the team tbh. On my 4th beer so who cares.....nice night for a zzzzzz in the sun.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fair point. I think the team looks fine. Fringe players need a game. But you are right that need to be honest about team selections.
  • Options
    Playing young hungry players against a league 2 team that we should beat comfortably doesn't mean were not taking it seriously.
  • Options
    Team looks good to me
    Good to see green given a start as looked hungry pre season
    Think easy 3-1 win
  • Options
    and there's at least one first team slot up for grabs, probably 2 or 3. We'll find out how much the fringe players want it. Stuck on delayed train from London Bridge so hopefully might miss kick off ;-)
  • Options

Playing young hungry players against a league 2 team that we should beat comfortably doesn't mean were not taking it seriously.

You could have made the same comment every year for he last twenty and its just as laughable now as it was then.

• Options
    No Red M tonight, so if anyone fancies having a go at the updates then please shout
  • Options
    Would have gone but on lateshift but would not be unhappy paying my tenner to see that starting line up
    Coyr
    Get us to the next round
  • Options
    League Cup is for giving other members of the squad a game. Everyone knows that. Can't see how anyone can get workedup by that.
  • Options

You could have made the same comment every year for he last twenty and its just as laughable now as it was then.

Curbishley was by far the worst for this. Same line every year...a Premier League team is going to win this and there's no reason it can't be us!! Then he'd put out the weakest possible team he could.

I don't think that's what we have tonight...fingers crossed!! COYR!!
  • Options

League Cup is for giving other members of the squad a game. Everyone knows that. Can't see how anyone can get workedup by that.

Oh AFKA, you know better than that
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!