Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Garage Roof Repair

Anyone recommend a roofer to come and quote for a garage roof repair? Just been out to ours and it is like a swimming pool. Nice big crack in one of the roof panels.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    What is the garage roof covered with?
  • Options
    Water
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Water

And sky.

• Options
    delroofer said:

What is the garage roof covered with?

I've got a horrible feeling it will contain asbestos. It is concrete and looks ancient......we are renting at the moment and the landlady has said she will get someone to take a look asap (probably 3-4 weeks). As we are using the garage for storage, I'd like to patch it in the interim.

• Options
    TG Rose in Chelmsford sorted ours out. That was asbestos.
  • Options
    We are booked up until the end of October but I would like to offer you some advice if possible. Are you able to take a photograph of the damaged roof from above (if you have a window overlooking it - don't go climbing on it) that you could email to me? I am not in the area for the next week or so but I would like to help if I can. I normally avoid getting involved with asbestos as it is often a can of worms to deal with.
  • Options
    Will try and get a photo over the next couple of days. Will post it when I get a chance. Cheers.
  • Options
    If you need it, I can put you in touch with an asbestos expert. He normally works for larger clients (like London Underground and Heathrow Airport), but I'm sure he'll help if he can.