Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Oxford - Since I was young

I think it would be brilliant , give the fans and players a real lift and buzz if we sing this as the teams come out, for the home players to see the lower covered end all bouncing and dancing all over the place will hopefully give them a boost, it maybe the carling cup but let's get the home form going, and lets get the valley rocking tomorrow night!

Comments

• Options

I think it would be brilliant , give the fans and players a real lift and buzz if we sing this as the teams come out, for the home players to see the lower covered end all bouncing and dancing all over the place will hopefully give them a boost, it maybe the carling cup but let's get the home form going, and lets get the valley rocking tomorrow night!

Maybe a reminder of those hard to learn words might help, matt ?

• Options
    When I was young

I followed em

Cafc

The team for me

-drum and the covered end goes wild-
  • Options
    All the players are going to see in the North Lower are empty seats and a few people dotted about. Oxford will bring a few to bump the crowd up, but doubt there will be more than 3000 home fans there.
  • Options
    It's not a terrible song but it's just another standard song you would sing 10 minutes in to the match. Why sing it when the players are coming out when we have anthems like Valley Floyd Road? I'd rather everyone sing Goodbye Horse.
    As I said it's not terrible and don't have any problems with it being sung the more songs the merrier but I don't really get the whole big excitement about it.
  • Options
    Having said that I'm not going so who am I to comment.
  • Options
    Think it's quite catchy and for a low turnout for someone sitting in the East I think those in the North Lower did a good job of creating a good atmosphere.
  • Options
    I would prefer to sing Red red robin as the teams came out.
  • Options
    Do we clap ourselves after we've sung it?