Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Its a good sign people. Saw this Bird on the way to work this morning!

edited August 2013 in General Charlton
Not bad for an iPhone camera
bird.JPG 307.3K

Comments

• Options
    Definately a good sign, when I lived in Eltham we often had robbins in the garden and on a recent visit to the mother in laws (in Lewisham) a robbin was in my company for several hours while I done some work in her garden...they are such a friendly bird. Can't recall seeing one down here (a real shame) probably frightend of the seagulls.
  • Options
    Is it a Dartford Warbler?
  • Options

Is it a Dartford Warbler?

Or a Gravesend Guzzler?
  • Options
    I live in Bexhill and robins are a rarity here too. One Saturday morning last season I did see two of them in my front garden and wondered if was a good sign - it was, we played Barnsley away later that day!
  • Options
    Cool. Get some Robins in our garden which ain't bad considering it backs onto Sparrows Lane.

Took these fellas feeding on Sunday evening. Goldfinches.
  • Options
    I do like a Robin, but definitely prefer Tits.
  • Options
    We've got some Great Tits in our garden gobbling nuts.
  • Options
    I was told that Robin's are territorial and you only get one in your garden? I can have three on a good day so that throws that theory out the window
  • Options

I was told that Robin's are territorial and you only get one in your garden? I can have three on a good day so that throws that theory out the window

Depends how big your garden is I suppose!
  • Options
    edited August 2013

They are, especially during the mating season, aggressive little beggars too.
    Perhaps they were from the same family.

edit. I think this thread is in the wrong category.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would ya
  • Options
    I have a family of Robins in my garden, they follow me around when I am cutting the grass. Also had a pair of collared doves nesting in a tree in my garden, one of the chicks kept falling out of the nest when it was young. They have all flown the nest now.
  • Options

That might be Mr & Mrs Robin, and their spotty oik of an adolescent - who thinks it's cheaper to live at home where everything's done for him, so refuses to leave the nest.

• Options
    often get robins in the garden ....dont get many haddock though
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I never knew you were an Ornithologist Cat ?
  • Options
    There was two of them, so must mean promotion haha
  • Options
    Spanish said:

Off_it said:

I never knew you were an Ornithologist Cat ?
    Although I did know of your liking of tits

• Options
    Ashers said:

I live in Bexhill and robins are a rarity here too. One Saturday morning last season I did see two of them in my front garden and wondered if was a good sign - it was, we played Barnsley away later that day!

I live Ninfield, a couple of miles from Bexhill, and we always have robins in our garden. Nice when you are gardening as they are very friendly and will come very close to you.

• Options
    Have we moved from trainspotting to birdspotting now?
  • Options
    Doesn't work. Southampton about 10 years ago I watched the Simpsons beforehand where Barney is arguing about Lord Palmerston. I sat down in a park, noticed there to be a statue of him opposite me then a robin landed on it so I thought all the omens were good. We lost 3-2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Before the 4-4 draw v Millwall at home a few seasons ago we saw a robin in our mate's garden. He pointed it out as a sign that we were gonna win. I then burst his bubble by pointing out that you wouldn't get many blue lions knocking about in Charlton.

I was right anyway. 4-4. :)
  • Options
    wheres big robin
  • Options

wheres big robin

Over here pal! ; )

Got a Robin in our garden, always watches us when doing a bit on the garden
  • Options
    We get the occasional robin... and Jays, which are pretty cool
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    McBobbin said:

As soon as I got in from work knackered last summer, my missus, without even looking up, said, 'Can you get the dead jay out of the paddling pool?'

• Options
    hawksmoor said:

McBobbin said:

As soon as I in from work knackered last summer, my missus, without even looking up, said, 'Can you get the dead jay out of the paddling pool?'

At least it wasn't Michael Barrymore asking you to get the dead gay out of the pool.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

McBobbin said:

As soon as I in from work knackered last summer, my missus, without even looking up, said, 'Can you get the dead jay out of the paddling pool?'

We've got a chimney sweep coming on Friday to get a dead pigeon out of the chimney. Anyone want any flies?
  • Options
    Told you it was a sign! haha
  • Options
    robroy said:

Told you it was a sign! haha

Made twice as good by me NOT seeing a Magpie on the way to the match.