Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

talktalk

Just thought I'd mention this as it might appeal to a few people...

I have talktalk phone and broadband (essentials package), just phoned them to say I was thinking of leaving as Sky are offering 12 months free broadband for sky sports customers. So they offered me monthly half price of £3.25 for 12 months (providing I pay upfront value line rental of £114 which I was planning on doing anyway), so total now comes to £153 compared to Sky whose line rental is £14.50 p/m = £174.

Only £21 quid saving there but if you're with talktalk and paying the standard £6.50 p/m it would be £39 in your pocket for nothing. I was genuine about possibly changing to Sky but they're not going to know if you weren't.

Comments

• Options
    you don't get what you deserve .. you get what you negotiate .. Who said that ??
  • Options
    I've got that book somewhere!
  • Options
    Chester L. Karrass

according to Wikipedia
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    TalkTalk are absolute scheisters. We were miss-sold their broadband/tv package - it didn't do half of the things we were promised. After a lot of wrangling we sent the whole package back and were promised a refund. We still haven't received it though.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Been with them for a year and not had any problems, but I suppose with all the big companies there will be a number of bad experiences.
  • Options

Chester L. Karrass

according to Wikipedia

thanks Mr J .. one learns new stuff every day .. (:->)
  • Options
    crap company, crap service
  • Options
    Never had a problem with them...but then again I don't have a TV.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Been with them for a year and not had any problems, but I suppose with all the big companies there will be a number of bad experiences.

Same for me, even have my mobile through TalkTalk.

@Stig

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/

Check there for details of how to complain. TalkTalk are the most complained about communications provider in the UK!

• Options
    Been with Talktalk since they set up. Had a few issues initially when they seriously underestimated demand and customer service was poor.
    However, since then, despite being cheap, they have been actually quite good. Sent a free replacement router when my Belkin packed up even though I hadn't got it from them in the first place. And recently I got fed up with a particular call centre and its cold calling all the time. So Talktalk provided their call barring system. Although this is chargeable, they have discounted my monthly payments to offset the charge and reckon after 3 months or so I should be able to cancel the service as the nuisance callers give up.
    Also, their packages can be good. I get free calls incl. international calls 24/7 for just a few quid a month and that's a real benefit for me. Pre-paying the line rental, saves £65 a year too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wilma said:

Talal said:

Same for me, even have my mobile through TalkTalk.

@Stig

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/

Check there for details of how to complain. TalkTalk are the most complained about communications provider in the UK!

Thanks very much Wilma. Mrs Stig phoned Talk Talk again last night. The person she spoke to said that she could see we had a credit on their system but that no-one had set a trigger for it to be paid. We've been told we'll get the money but, for some reason I don't understand, we'll have to wait 28 days. If we don't get it then I'll definately be using your link.
  • Options
    On holidays and broadband provider is talktalk got to say the worst Internet provider I've ever had misfortune to use
    Got 3 teenage kids with phones and laptops and Internet keeps dropping out its an absolute nightmare. Got sky at home and was looking to change but will give these a wide wide berth