Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greenwich & Bexley Hospice

One of my very close friend's sister was admitted yesterday and I also had an aunt go through there a good few year back.
Nothing but praise and admiration for the people who work in there, along with the people involved with all the other hospices through-out the Country, for the excellent work they do and support they give to both the patients and their families and friends.

Comments

• Options
    I know there are a few people on here who have been grateful for the work they do.

I'm delighted through the auctions we are able to fundraise for them in @cholland 's memory. £700+ raised so far.
  • Options
    That's excellent
  • Options
    Nothing but praise for the place and more to the point, the staff. They're not called the angels of the nhs for nothing.
  • Options
    Just noticed the thread at the top of the forum @AFKABartram, sorry mate.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    nothing to be sorry for pal, its nice seeing these sort of organisations being praised
  • Options
    great place and such compassion shown in there one of the main reasons I bid on all of shirtys auctions tbh
  • Options

nothing to be sorry for pal, its nice seeing these sort of organisations being praised

Cheers mate, totally agree.

• Options

great place and such compassion shown in there one of the main reasons I bid on all of shirtys auctions tbh

Yeah, I done a sponsored 10 mile walk for the place a few year ago while my aunt was in there. Had plenty of motivation for it after visiting her just before we started.
  • Options
    They do fantastic work. Looked after a good number of family & friends over the years and delighted to have been able to help with fundraising during that time. Shirty's doing a great job in Colin's memory at the moment. Sorry to hear of your friend's sister Rob. You know she'll be looked after and made as comfortable as possible though.
  • Options
    my dad chose to die at home, but we went to the hospice and looked around and it was agreed that if things got too tough for mum that he would go there to give her a break and if it got too much he could go there , unfortunately dad didn't live that long from diagnosis until that horrible day, how those wonderful angels do that day in day out for people they have no relation to is amazing

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mum passed away a year ago on Thursday up at Bostall Heath hospice. Amazing people there and echo everyone's thoughts in terms of the job they do. Will never walk past a collection pot for any hospice without giving something ever again.
  • Options
    One of my regrets is not seeing Colin in the hospice before he sadly passed, but speaking to my dad and one of my younger brothers and sister in law, they cannot speak more highly of the people that work in there.

Some moving stories on this thread already and if we can raise any money towards the hospice, I'm sure they will be grateful. Including the current auction we are now over £800 and believe me I've not touched some of the better/ rare items yet. Please keep up your wonderful support, as I know that Colin's family keep an eye on this site. Many thanks.
  • Options
  • Options
    Just wanted to add that NWKA has donated in excess of £5,000 to this fantastic cause over the past 15 or so seasons via our social events etc.

We invariably ask our members to indicate which charity they would like us to sponsor each season and time & again, Greenwich & Bexley Hospice, together with Demelza House and the Ellenor Lions Hospices has been at/near the top of the list. All good causes very close to the hearts of those living in the area.

Well done to all concerned in this latest push to raise funds.
  • Options
    Hi there, I just wanted to say to you all a big thank you for all of the positive feedback about the team at the Hospice and also for all of the fundraising that has gone on in the past and is still going on now. It is a privilege to lead the Hospice and to be able to care for so many local people and their families.
    It is not clear from the posts on here whether you are all aware that we also provide a lot of care in the community and in local care homes, as well as having a support team at Queen Elizabeth Hospital. We provide free care to anyone over the age of 18 with a life limiting illness, including (but not limited to) cancer, heart failure, chronic respiratory disease, neurological conditions and dementia, as well as providing care and support to their families and friends. If you need any information about any of our services or help with fundraising, please do not hesitate to have a look at our website: www.communityhospice.org.uk
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    Thank you for taking the time to come on here to give us the info.

Great work.
  • Options
    You should be proud of the service you and your staff provide. Will never forget the support we all got as a family when my father was in last year.
  • Options
    Looked after my mum. Ran the marathon for them in 2012 & will continue to be a fund raiser & donator for years to come.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting, i'm very glad we can help in some small way.