Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Which of our strikers can play together, and why?

edited August 2013 in General Charlton
Less than week ago, I was worried witless that we only have one striker. Now it seems we have four with a realistic claim to a start. Thank the Lord/Board :-) I have never seen three of them play at all, so would be interested to hear from those who have, which combinations are likely to work, and why. What kind of strikers are Sordell, Church and Piggott? I noticed that Scoham, always interesting on such matters, admitted he still can't categorise Church, so maybe its still a bit early for this thread. But most of you know more than me, because you've seen them play.

So over to you

Comments

• Options
    all four of them should play, then we will storm the league and get the FA and League cup in the process.
  • Options

all four of them should play, then we will storm the league and get the FA and League cup in the process.

Agreed.

Not many teams will beat us if we stick to the 4-4-4 formation.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Kormogant and piggot I think will be the two target men who play behind poachers church and sordell by what I saw at Oxford and know allready-church is defiantly not a target man. Obviously not at the same time (sorry karrimand addicted)
  • Options
    Don't think pigott is ready yet for championship football
  • Options
    Mike said:

Don't think pigott is ready yet for championship football

He seemed to hold the ball up well last night (albeit against League Two opposition)

Might be good to bring him on if we're trying to see a game out in the final few minutes and want someone up front to simply hold up the ball
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    All of them with one another because Chris Powell will tell them so.
  • Options
    All of the 4 are slightly different.

Pigott is more of a target man. Strong, good with his back to goal. Brings in other players.

Church looks to me like a poacher. Seems to come alive around the opposition penalty box. Which is not to say he doesn't put himself about on the rest of the pitch.

Sordell looks like a proper no 10. Has the pace to get on the end of things, tends to play on the shoulders of defenders.

Yann is probably the most complete of our strikers, as he can do everything. But his preference is to drop back into space in front of the back 4.

So, I would say that Pigott can play with any of them. Of the "senior" strikers, it is a bit more difficult. I would say that, despite first impressions, Yann and Sordell could be a very useful partnership.

But how can you drop Church, after last night?
  • Options
    Think we'll start with Yann and Church on Saturday... Church cant be dropped after scoring two goals else what sort of message does that send out.

Sordell and Pigott to be on the bench though am not sure if I'd use Pigott on the bench for away games at the moment
  • Options
    Yann and Marvin will always start unless unvailable. The club have not spent 400k on bringing in Sordell for him not to get a game. Church will be our bench striker at home and possibly Pigott might get a few benches too. I still expect another striker in before the window closes which might allow Piggy out on loan.
  • Options
    Church won't start saturday, Powell has already said he's behind the other fitness wise, will be amazed if it's not Yann and Sordell up front at the weekend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Church called up for Wales International squad next week so maybe won't feature on Saturday, so is Morgan Fox for Wales U'21's