Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wales Call-Ups

13»

Comments

• Options

when was the last time a CAFC player scored for his country ???

Do Brittany count...?
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

when was the last time a CAFC player scored for his country ???

Do Brittany count...?
    Of course forgot about Brittany...

Would you like to be the one to tell Yann that the goal he got for them doesnt count? ;-)
  • Options
    Simon Church. Get in !!! Well done ! Am half welsh so very happy for Simon Church to score for Wales.

John Robinson, Charlton played 30 times for Wales and scored 3 goals. That maybe the last Charlton player to score for his country. Did Andy Reid play for Ireland when at Charlton ? Shaun Bartlett played 74 times for South Africa, scoring 30 times.
  • Options
    Rommedahl scored plenty for Denmark...
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well done Morgan Fox picks up his 4th successive cap for Wales U21"a in a 1-0 win over Lithuania and made a crucial goal clearance to help Wales keep a clean sheet. U21"a moving in right direction now
    http://www.faw.org.uk/news/FAW94568.ink
  • Options
    Simon church is rubbish. I haven't once seen him score a direct throw in while wearing the colours of Doncaster and I'm pretty sure that when he was 16 he lost a battle for a header. Send him back to Bolton where he belongs so he can run off the pitch faster and join up with his Dad at Sunderland because I'm sure it was him that injured Yann and who decided Fuller should leave.

Congratulations Simon Church on another goal for your country.
  • Options
    Saw some clips on SSN, looks like he had a good game, took his goal well and made the keeper work with other chances he had. Hopefully he can carry on from that performance.
  • Options
    tricky said:

Simon church is rubbish. I haven't once seen him score a direct throw in while wearing the colours of Doncaster and I'm pretty sure that when he was 16 he lost a battle for a header. Send him back to Bolton where he belongs so he can run off the pitch faster and join up with his Dad at Sunderland because I'm sure it was him that injured Yann and who decided Fuller should leave.

Congratulations Simon Church on another goal for your country.

Fair comment ; - )
  • Options

Saw some clips on SSN, looks like he had a good game, took his goal well and made the keeper work with other chances he had. Hopefully he can carry on from that performance.

Well thats all his decent play used up for the next 3 games
  • Options
    Months*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Highlights are on BBC iplayer, we just need to some Arron Ramsey quality passes and we have a great goalscorer .
  • Options
    Watched a fair bit of that game and it's fair to say that Simon Church's movement off the ball and physical presence as front-man were at best, mediocre.

But he scored the only goal which is worth an awful lot. I think it is safe to say he needs to play with better players than we have on offer, especially in midfield. We should be grateful to have a striker of international pedigree, even if it is "only" Wales. Onwards and upwards, Simon.
  • Options
    I think against Leicester Yann and Church showed signs of a good partnership up front, although I didnt go to Watford that was the last chance they've had to play together because of injuries which has been a bit of a hinderance for us.

I certainly think that when Yann returns his knock downs will be put to good use by Church
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20131108-duo-win-welsh-call-up-1163034.aspx

Both called up again. Hope Wiggy get a game this time as it is a friendly
  • Options
    Didnt realise this but Morgan Fox has once again been called up to the Welsh U21 squad where they'll be facing England U21s @ Pride Park.

Because they're facing England the match is gonna be live on BT Sport (1) for anyone who has it (Wednesday 5th March... 6pm)