Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Middlesbrough Fans are not happy chaps

From FR

"OMG!

NOW can we get shot of Mogga, his entire coaching team, Gibson, the entire board and anyone else related to destroying my beloved Boro.

Yes, 27 years ago Gibson was a diamond, He saved Boro and I am eternally grateful. However, time moves on. Now, he has run out of money or is penny pinching and not investing what we need for a Premier League promotion season and beyond.

We have just lost another two games in a row and been dumped out of the League Cup, AT HOME, by a League 2 side. Nightmare.

Can things get any worse? Probably. What is the excuse this time. The players are tired after a long hard season.

We cannot get players. Who will want to come to Boro now after this latest humiliation? Nobody worth anything.

Mowbray has clearly proved he is inept and cannot run a bath never mind get us to the Premiership.

Cut our losses now. Get shot of them all. Find new investors, build a real promotion challenging team, get a new go getting powerful manager and, hey this will do to start with, actually WIN a game.

Remember that feeling? No, too far back for me too.

Things can only get better but Boro need to watch for that League One trapdoor opening ever so slightly already in this season.

Fan power. Who wants League One football at the Riverside? Act NOW."

"Wot rubbish we don't want to be in cup the club needs the money from the revenue! Another silly comment just to back mowbray funny doesn't look like we will make much off sky this season as one live match probably because people switch over when we are on total rubbish. Wake up you Mowbray zombies.

Chazlad"

Comments

• Options
    Mowbray must be on borrowed time. But Gibson? After all he has done for them?

Yeah, get him out. Which always assumes someone else will come in AND that they'd be any better.

Sound familiar? It should do - It's the modern football fan, right across the board.
  • Options
    loads of money spent for what? .. a few struggling years in the premier and one League Cup (whatever it was called when they won it) .. Poor old Tony Mowbray always looks like the proverbial bulldog chewing a wasp .. he won't be there much longer. The north east can only realistically support two big clubs, Sunderland and Newcastle, 'Boro are just made for the championship. Steve Gibson, you've done millions, your dream has become a nightmare .. and on Saturday it won't get any better.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    We really should be beating teams like this...

• Options
    i am an addick and i am an optimist but i generally use common sense. i think mowbray is a good manager but he should have resigned at the end of last season. he has had the whole cherry never mind a bite. i think charlton will win this one. i noticed mowbrays comments about us last season, he lost respect from me after that. i still show respect but considering we were ninth and they were 15th, and our attendances are bigger, and we were last in the premier league only 2 years earlier than boro, he is wrong. middlesborough are in deep danger of falling through the trap door. take it from us, it wont be easy coming back
  • Options
    Turning on Gibson, what maddness. A local fan in charge of the club for 27years, getting them in the Prem, into Europe and winning a cup or two.

Has made recent poor decisions but hasn't he got something like 100M cash in the business. Even to give Boro away would be difficult, like us they are making losses but they are in total freefall and whatever the merits of their location (!), it ain't London and won't be attracting any overseas interest.
  • Options
    Let's see how we get on against them before being too critical.

Boro beat us 4-1 at The Valley last season.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Boro = Bongo Bongo land - a huge drain on the country's resources.
  • Options
    Cut and paste for some stage later in our season from some lovelie on here. Change names obviously and to be honest read back a few threads then cut and paste T J right now
  • Options
    Off_it said:

LenGlover said:

Boro = Bongo Bongo land - a huge drain on the country's resources.
    Ray-Ban manufacturer loves them though....
  • Options
    The man with the smallest mouth in the world. image
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised Mowbray is still there large budget for a few seasons and nothing to show for it
  • Options
    "Cut our losses now. Get shot of them all. Find new investors"

What a nob. Has no idea how to find new investors.

You can't just sack the owners and leave the club to run itself. Boro's monthly losses will be worse than ours!
  • Options

Surprised Mowbray is still there large budget for a few seasons and nothing to show for it

Gibson has a track record of being a very forgiving chairman. To be honest, I wish there were a few more about like him.
  • Options
    Three wins since 1st January. Defeat on Saturday (hopefully) and I reckon he is toast.
  • Options
    as my old man would say - we are the "doctors" of the league, Anyone coming to us on a bad run usually finds their form, or if they hadn't scored more than 1 away all season will suddenly score 3 against us.

pile your money on a 'Boro win this Saturday.
  • Options
    I hope he gets dogs abuse from us on saturday.
  • Options
    Ah! So it is hereditary Golfie :0)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

He has a point though, how often has a striker broken a bad run against us or a manager looking for his first win pulled one out of the bag against us. I hate reading stuff like "...so and so haven't won away since 1985 and will be visiting The Valley this week with only their youth team fully fit..."
  • Options
    And how many Managers have been sacked/departed by mutual consent after a defeat to 'Little Ol Charlton'?
  • Options
    Mowbray said after the away game 'we should be beating Charlton Athletic'. Note, not teams LIKE Charlton Athletic, but specific and pretty disrespectful. They may make an effort on Saturday and beat us, but it would be just grand if they didn't. I am really hoping we let Mowbray know who we are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Found this on the Boro forum.

• Options

RedChaser said:

He has a point though, how often has a striker broken a bad run against us or a manager looking for his first win pulled one out of the bag against us. I hate reading stuff like "...so and so haven't won away since 1985 and will be visiting The Valley this week with only their youth team fully fit..."
    Depends BA whether you want to be a pessimist and keep dragging up bad memories or be an optimist by consigning that stuff to the memory dustbin and looking for the positives like Addickted has. Each to their own.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Last time we ever played them at Ayresome Park some little scrote punched me from behind. So for that reason - sod 'em.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that AUN. Looking on the bright side hopefully the coward damaged his hand more than you.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Sorry to hear that AUN. Looking on the bright side hopefully the coward damaged his hand more than you.

I'm going to plead the fifth on what ensued RC.
  • Options
    I am not saying we will not win, but you can bet your bottom dollar that Boro will put in a better performance than in the last two games. Thats the way professional football goes.

However if we get an early goal, that would be incredibly useful against a team who've started as they have.
  • Options
    They are happier now!
  • Options

They are happier now!

Always happier when leaving The Valley

• Options

as my old man would say - we are the "doctors" of the league, Anyone coming to us on a bad run usually finds their form, or if they hadn't scored more than 1 away all season will suddenly score 3 against us.

pile your money on a 'Boro win this Saturday.

i did tell thee................

• Options
    Yep, nothing like an easy win against the addicks to sort out a bad run. Getting pretty sick of the same old story after 38 years to be honest.