Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone play the saxophone?

Always fancied learning to play the sax and have just seen that my local community college is running a sax for beginners course so I thought I'd give it a go. Anyone here play the sax? How easy/ hard is it? How difficult is it to learn to read music? Any help/comments would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    The Beatle couldn't read music Large so don't let that stop you. Go for it, no matter how hard! Just started learning the guitar - so hard and I'm crap but I want to learn.
  • Options

Always fancied learning to play the sax and have just seen that my local community college is running a sax for beginners course so I thought I'd give it a go. Anyone here play the sax? How easy/ hard is it? How difficult is it to learn to read music? Any help/comments would be appreciated.

go for it .. though I have a lot of sympathy for your live in loved ones (they may not be loved ones for very much longer lol) .. & your neighbours .. good luck
  • Options

Go for it Large, those courses are few and far between.
  • Options
    thanks for the encouragement lads. I'll let you know how it goes !
  • Options
    Sounds good large. Where is it? Remember Monica Lewinsky learnt everything she knew from Bill Clinton saxophone lips
  • Options
    That's the stuff. I expect to see you on Leicester Square Tube in a few years then??
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/RI0K-ABVpcQ
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Sounds good large. Where is it?

Claverham College, Battle

• Options
    Start with a clarinet. Same principles, just smaller, cheaper & less noisey.......................
  • Options
    What tangoflash said. I play the clarinet and I picked up the saxophone in a matter of weeks. If you play the clarinet, you'll find it a hell of a lot easier to pick up the sax. Also have a look at some YouTube lessons. Some are awful, but others are pretty useful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:

Sounds good large. Where is it? Remember Monica Lewinsky learnt everything she knew from Bill Clinton saxophone lips

I think she played the Blue Veined Piccolo, Kap.