Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Toothache

FFS half past bloody 2!
Any tips to stop it......please.......anyone?

Comments

• Options
    Swish whiskey around your gums for a few minutes and spit, will numb gums and therefore numb tooth root canals
  • Options
    Pliers
  • Options
    Cloves if you have any. Works amazingly well.
  • Options
    Half past two?
    Did you mean tooth hurty?
  • Options
    Have it pulled. I had a tooth a couple of years which was giving me no end of trouble , had it filled , root canal and even filled again then I changed dentist and he said they taking it out was the best option. Had that done and once I saw the state of the roots it was obvious I'd made the right decision.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Half past two?
    Did you mean tooth hurty?

lol

• Options
    A dentist who isn't Australian?
  • Options
    Pull it out, had two of mine pulled in recent years!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Pull it out, had two of mine pulled in recent years!

Someone should have told you that, they were connected to your kidneys.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Alternate between ibuprofen and paracetamol every two hours. That's what they tell you. But getting to the dentist ASAP is the only way. I had an abcsess last year that took a week of my life and made it hell. Never again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    a whole pack of nurofen extra and a bottle of vodka then get pliers out of tool box and just pull the fecka out
  • Options
    Clove oil does stop the pain - it sounds like an old wife's tale but it does work. I used to rinse my mouth with salt water then dab on clove oil with a Q tip. This calmed the pain down for hours, but long term it needs seeing to by a dentist, no dodging that.
  • Options
    Agree on Clove Oil in an emergency.

Had loads of problems with my teeth over the past few years through being petrified of the dentist but have now found one who is brilliant. I had two out on my last visit and it was over in ten minutes and was easier to go through than a filling. Good luck, nothing worse.
  • Options
    Recommend H. Kelay (one of the nearest Dentists to the ground), near the White Horse. Have a couple of large Scotch's before you see him. Been going there for over 20 years no pain at all!
  • Options
    Cheers chaps
    bit of a shortage of neurofen round this way now (as ive popped most of em) cant even get my dentist to answer the poxy phone all day today....gonna be a long weekend
  • Options
    Co- coldamole . Get then from the chemist. Gets of toothache in 10 minutes .
  • Options
    When wrestling changing them for bed last night, one of my boys threw his head back with a butt a gypsy brawler would be proud of.

Had sore tooth, swollen mouth, headache and what feels like whiplash of my neck.

Getting done over by a 3yr old is utterly depressing
  • Options
    Chew an aspirin or paracetamol around that tooth.
  • Options
    Those kids do make the most of their height advantage.
  • Options
    Sometimes rubbing some bonjella on the gum around the tooth can help with numbing the pain.

Last month I had to have an extraction (3rd one in a year, which is mainly due to smoking, causing the gums to receed). Spent 3 nights having to sleep sitting up in bed as lying down caused the blood pressure to increase and the throbbing was unbearable...................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clove oil. Get it from the chemist and keep it at home in case you cant get to a dentist.
  • Options
    Bicarbonate of soda.

If you've got toothache it usually means the roots are inflamed with bacteria.
    Bicarbonate of Soda kills the bacteria ....et voila!, no more pain.

Painkillers like paracetomol just dumb down the symptoms for a while - they don't kill the bacteria which is the cause of the problem.

A spoonful of Bicarb in a small glass of water to make a mouthwash, or for quicker results, just dab your toothbrush into the bicarb powder and apply to and around the infected tooth.

Works within minutes.

It's a natural salt, already added to many commercial toothpastes and mouthwashes.
    And of course in baking, etc ...... so there might be some already in your kitchen cupboards, or go to the baking section of your supermarket.

Remember, Bicarbonate of soda works!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Bicarbonate of soda.

And of course in baking, etc ......

So a nice chocolate cake will do the trick then?.................
  • Options
    If it works for you, Tango.

;o)