Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Voice of The Valley 107 - out August 10th, 2013

Comments

• Options
    thanks still if you can help that be great
  • Options
    thank you oohaamortimer say oohaahmortimer
  • Options
    My mum works for Greenwich council and Varney came in around 6 months ago having meetings regarding the peninsular I was told. A lot had probably changed by now.
  • Options
    Not dismissing what you say, but Peter Varney hasn't worked for the football club for more than a year and relations between him and the club have been hostile during that year, to say the least.
  • Options
    He didn't say Peter Varney though ;-)
  • Options
    Rick: where can I buy the latest VOTV in the Orpington or Bexleyheath area?
  • Options
    Copy received. Excellent edition.
  • Options
    Excellent, if slightly worrying read, AB. Thanks.
  • Options
    This is probably the most informative magazine that I have ever read about Charlton. The Les Reed article was superb and it's such a refreshing change to have more in depth interviews. Thank you Rick, Wendy and all the other contributors including Matt Wright. It certainly shows us who are the people who really care about our club, it is a terrible tragedy that they were not allowed to stay and run it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    meldrew66 said:

Rick: where can I buy the latest VOTV in the Orpington or Bexleyheath area?

You can order it online at http://www.votvonline.com but it's not in any shops, sorry.

• Options
    Good edition Rick ...excellent and informative articles.
  • Options
    I'm a bit slow with my reading at the moment, but have read part of the VOTV and am moved to say - Well done Rick, it's a terrific issue: eloquently written, brimming with interest, and right on the button. I have been buying VOTV since it began, have a long run from issue no. 1 in my collection. I think fanzines have a duty to be questioning, digging and subversive, given to scurrility and a bit of anarchy. I would not have thought it wrong had you published the list of players' wages. Mark Kleinman's piece is indeed explosive. Keep up the good work....
  • Options
    Out of interest how many copies were sold and when is next issue out?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Ha! Gold!

Local Labour Council MP caught in football magazine tax rort!
  • Options
    @AirmanBrown

I have bought the latest Voice online via PayPal and it is being shipped now.

Just wondered if you had looked into electronic delivery via iTunes or Google Play?

I am not sure of the mechanics of doing this but I am pretty sure that OS readers like myself would snap it up.

Keep up the great work!
  • Options

@AirmanBrown

I have bought the latest Voice online via PayPal and it is being shipped now.

Just wondered if you had looked into electronic delivery via iTunes or Google Play?

I am not sure of the mechanics of doing this but I am pretty sure that OS readers like myself would snap it up.

Keep up the great work!

Yeah, that's right, put a poor printer's job at risk just for your own convenience! :-)
  • Options

DRF said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the two things AB decided, quite rightly imo, not to reveal.

You're suprised no one has mentioned something that wasn't mentioned?

The word was "reveal". The two issues were mentioned, just not fully revealed.

So what was your take on the article by the Sky News Financial writer on the prospectus put together by CAFC to sell the Club? You've long been saying that there are few if any facts, well now there are a lot more.

I know it must be harder and harder for you to not break your own rule of "never change your mind as a result of an internet debate" but really. : - )

I haven't read it and there doesn't seem to be enough information on here to make my own judgement - without having read it, it is hard to follow the information / train of thought on here.

And anyway, if I go and buy it and s a result change my mind, I will be changing it based on printed informaiton not internet speculation ;-)
  • Options
    I've now uploaded Clive Harris's article from VOTV106 about the search for the Charlton players who fell in the First World War to www.votvonline.com. You can read it here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Received my copy in Oz this morning. Looking forward to a good read over the weekend
  • Options
    Have received mine. Fantastic edition if also a bit worrying. My West Ham supporting workforce think its the best they have ever seen.
  • Options
    Received mine in California a few days ago. Thanks Rick. A really good read. Now that is what journalism is all about. Cuts right to the chase and makes the buggars squirm.
  • Options
    Great read and great service. Tried to get the Valley Review and Handbook but told I can't buy it online. 3 days ago the club person told me how much it would be and asked if I would pay for it? and I said yes, tell me how, silence........
  • Options
    My VOTV 107 arrived in Oz today, great read.

Congrats to Rick and friends, I am proud of you all.
  • Options
    Are we due another voice soon, or have I missed something?
  • Options
    You are, and all being well it will be out for Wigan.
  • Options
    Airman
    Does a proper subscription option exist yet?
    Cheers
    Jon
  • Options
    There'd have to be a colouring in page for me to buy it.
  • Options
    edited October 2013