Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mike Bailey - Charlton Live - Any Questions?

Mike Bailey is at tomorrows game, any questions for him?

Comments

• Options
    Has he brought his boots with him?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Has he brought his boots with him?

LOL. Good one Len. If only, eh?
  • Options
    Does he look back and think he might have played more international football if he'd stayed at Charlton rather than joined Wolves?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    What's it like being in a team that's winning 10-0?

Did he think he would forever be the last Charlton player to represent England? What were his feelings when Chris Powell was called up?

What was it like swapping management roles with Alan Mullery?
  • Options
    How many fans were in his official Fan Club when he was at Charlton?

I was very pleased to receive regular photographs and real typed letters back in the mid-sixties from Mike.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Who do you think you are?
  • Options
    In his opinion whats the best acting performance by a plant in recent years... Or maybe get his opinion on recent "Would ya's"?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Mike re-joined Charlton, this time as coach, part way through that disastrous 1979-80 season.

What was Andy Nelson's approach to games, his man-management style and why did things go so badly wrong on the park?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Once Nelson was sacked, Mike became manager.
    It was too late to turn things round and we were relegated rock bottom.

He kept virtually the same squad and yet the next season, we were running away with the Division for several months before nearly throwing it all away, finally clinching promotion at Carlisle (where else?).

What was his secret in turning that losing team into a promotion winning one?

• Options
    edited August 2013
    My childhood hero and I have told him so every time I have met him. Barrel chested tough tacking half back in the Dave Mackay mold and I forgave him when he swapped managerial roles with Mullery at Brighton. Pete can you ask him why his tenure at Brighton was only a year and whether he regretted going there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When we played Norwich and mike was about to take a throw in, that little jock Tommy Bryceland stood directly in front of Mike and started jumping up and down-did Mike mean to hit him in the clockface ( with the ball ) or was it an unfortunate accident.