Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why was Red, Red Robin

relegated to a muted 10 second afterthought as they were about to kick off?

Comments

• Options
    Can't say I realised , did they play anything when they walked out then? maybe somebody forgot to flip the switch.
  • Options
    It was played as usual when the team came out.............
  • Options
    Problem with the playout software, same thing happened at ICT friendly, we thought we'd fixed it but it re-occurred. Will be on CD next game.
  • Options
    Ruined my day.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

relegated to a muted 10 second afterthought as they were about to kick off?

Just like the good old days on RTM. Press this button there and..........
  • Options

Ruined my day.

And mine
  • Options
    Danny Green was on the decks
  • Options
    Clearly put the team off too...
  • Options

Indeed it was and on CD. I don't understand.
  • Options
    From the front of J Block I couldn't hear it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From the front of J Block I couldn't hear it.

Well that is odd. I had it full volume!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Glovepup said:

I didn't hear it from the front of Covered End Upper and just heard a muted few seconds shortly before kick off.

Perhaps BDL doing his proms bit by conducting "Since I was Young" drowned it out if you say you played it....
  • Options
    BDL said:

Ruined my day.

And mine
    Ere...Dave, have you been on the Atkins diet over the summer btw you looked like you've dropped a few pounds fella,? Can we expect weightloss tips in the programme and a picture of you holding up a pair of your old strides?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Glovepup said:

I didn't here it from the front of Covered End Upper and just heard a muted few seconds shortly before kick off.

Perhaps BDL doing his proms bit by conducting "Since I was Young" drowned it out if you say you played it....
    It gets turned down whilst Dave does his bit but back up to full volume again after. Maybe the sound engineers need to take a look, sure Dave will pass this on.
  • Options
    Is it another step in removing the Old Guard?
  • Options
    Pup's you said it was on MP3? Hmmm, will have a word with Neil and Gary, it was quiet yesterday in the West.

Perhaps we need the Iron Maiden rig we had at POTY in May :-)
  • Options
    Billy Cotton wasn't a UKIP supporter and is now being airbrushed out of proceedings?
  • Options
    Red, Red, Robin, may have come into use off the back of the CA Supporters Club coming up with the bright suggestion in the 30's to give the club a new nickname the Robbins instead of The Addicks, the song came in afterwards, Bill Cotton being a friend of the Gliksten brotherhood, along with Mr Grade...remember Billy Cotton's Band Stand? It has, however become part of Charlton heritage, and it is perhaps one piece of history which should continue to be retained, like the 'Addicks' coming back into use, before a majority of Charlton's history fades from memory, or worse, the incumbent club owners make this a new sponsorship package, pay for a new Charlton theme tune for the team to run out too, perhaps as part of their portfolio package for selling on the club?
  • Options
    Don't know if I'm going deaf at all but I thought the sound was low all round (NU M block) Couldn't understand anything Dave was saying before kick off.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Pup's you said it was on MP3? Hmmm, will have a word with Neil and Gary, it was quiet yesterday in the West.

Perhaps we need the Iron Maiden rig we had at POTY in May :-)

Never said that mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was played as normal, but at reduced volume. Either that or the cacophony of noise from the Charlton fans drowned it out.
  • Options
    The guy who reads the half- and full-time scores is always difficult to hear: needs to speak LOUDER.