Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VOTV and Mr Grumpy

I bought my copy from a bespectacled gentleman outside the club shop. I apologised for only having a tenner and with that he grunted that while he was fishing around for change he was not selling copies.
Well excuse me I was just trying to buy the product. It is normal to be in a position to give change if possible, that is how the system works. Next time a bit more civility and a lot less attitude would not go amiss, or people like me might just jog on merrily with our hard earned two quid safe in our pocket.

Comments

• Options
    I suggest you jog on Mr G
  • Options
    Next time pay in 2p's ;-)
  • Options
    How did you earn £2 in such a hard way?
  • Options
    I had a similar issue with the vendor's lack of change, although he was reasonably polite about it. Is it possible to order copies online still?
  • Options
    I think the VOTV sellers did a great job yesterday.
  • Options
    I'm sure anything that was said was intended in a light-hearted way, but we all interpret things differently. The sellers are all friends of mine helping out, so let's not be too judgemental. Or blame me, whichever you prefer. I apologise.

You can order copies at www.votvonline.com and I'll get them in the post next working day.
  • Options

I'm sure anything that was said was intended in a light-hearted way, but we all interpret things differently. The sellers are all friends of mine helping out, so let's not be too judgemental. Or blame me, whichever you prefer. I apologise.

You can order copies at www.votvonline.com and I'll get them in the post next working day.

Thanks Airman. That is ok, I just do not want to be put off buying it, thats all.

• Options
    I gave the fella on the corner of Ransom Walk 2 shiny 50p's and he made me give him 2 more. Sorry again Airman lol
  • Options
    He sounded a right plum to me
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    That bloke with the glasses was a right tosser I reckon. pettgra to have your day ruined like that is totally unacceptable, and I reckon a sharp word and possibly a slap would have been understandable in the circumstances. To be subjected to grunting, attitude, and a less than civil response when you proffered your £10 is appalling treatment. That bespectacled person does not deserve your soubriquet of 'gentleman', and I reckon he causes trouble wherever he goes.
    You deserve better than that, not just because you were a potential customer, and a Charlton fan, but because at the end of the day you are a sensitive and caring human being.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Write and tell Oprah about it!

I can see the show now....
  • Options
    seth plum said:

That bloke with the glasses was a right tosser I reckon. pettgra to have your day ruined like that is totally unacceptable, and I reckon a sharp word and possibly a slap would have been understandable in the circumstances. To be subjected to grunting, attitude, and a less than civil response when you proffered your £10 is appalling treatment. That bespectacled person does not deserve your soubriquet of 'gentleman', and I reckon he causes trouble wherever he goes.
    You deserve better than that, not just because you were a potential customer, and a Charlton fan, but because at the end of the day you are a sensitive and caring human being.

Was it you Seth?

:-)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    A few councelling sessions should soon get you back to normal. And I'm sure Airman would be more than happy to stump up the cash for them................

And if it's the guy I saw there, seemed very happy and engaging with everyone walking past (lunchtime sherberts maybe?)
  • Options
    Got a smile from Badger and a Hello from Steve Dixon with my copy #EasilyPleased
  • Options
    The young lady that sold me my copy was perfectly pleasant and charming as she took the money. I gave her a fiver and she gave me change of twenty. Result ;0)

Not really.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

That brought a tear to my eye, thankyou for your kind sentiments. My faith in human nature has now been restored and it is a memory I will always cherish.

• Options
    Just ordered mine online.

Even Paypal sighed and tutted at me when I entered the wrong email address. Sort it out, Airman!
  • Options

I opened this thread expecting to find it all about you anyway after the Valley Bombshell!
  • Options
    Rick: is there somewhere in Orpington or Bexleyheath I can buy the VotV?
  • Options
    Heard the bloke on the corner trying to sell the thing leading with the phrase "correct change appreciated please". Had I not already bought it elsewhere I'd have kept my money in my pocket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why? Perfectly valid thing to say. If he'd said 'correct change or no sale', then fair enough.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Heard the bloke on the corner trying to sell the thing leading with the phrase "correct change appreciated please". Had I not already bought it elsewhere I'd have kept my money in my pocket.

Yeah! The blimmin cheek of it! Some people eh? Sheesh, tut, I dunno. Stchoopid if you ask me. Lor luvva duck.

• Options
    pettgra said:

I bought my copy from a bespectacled gentleman outside the club shop. I apologised for only having a tenner and with that he grunted that while he was fishing around for change he was not selling copies.
    Well excuse me I was just trying to buy the product. It is normal to be in a position to give change if possible, that is how the system works. Next time a bit more civility and a lot less attitude would not go amiss, or people like me might just jog on merrily with our hard earned two quid safe in our pocket.

Oh my god! Everything that was in VOTV this week that questions the short, medium and long term future of the club and The Valley and THIS is what you choose to get wound up about?! No wonder we're known as Anoracks! Thanks Airman for the thoroughly researched reports. Saturday was a first for me-drowning my sorrows in Bart's BEFORE the game!

• Options

pettgra said:

Oh my god! Everything that was in VOTV this week that questions the short, medium and long term future of the club and The Valley and THIS is what you choose to get wound up about?! No wonder we're known as Anoracks! Thanks Airman for the thoroughly researched reports. Saturday was a first for me-drowning my sorrows in Bart's BEFORE the game!

Feedback my friend, feedback. I take it that the publication is a source of income for Airman and yes the publication was very informative. Thanks for that Airman.
  • Options
    I would love to have seen how this thread developed if the title was Programme Seller and Mr Grumpy...