Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

North upper

A few people chucked out yesterday during the first 15 mins. Anyone know what was going on? Most excitement all game.

Comments

• Options
    Can I be the first to say:

Wish I was chucked out during the first 15 mins.
  • Options
    Standing in the stairwell so I believe
  • Options
    can anyone tell me if the stewards are actually allowed to man handle you out of the ground like they did with fan yesterday? They have no legal power I believe
  • Options

Can I be the first to say:

Wish I was chucked out during the first 15 mins.

Haha
  • Options
    That standing on the stairs bit is bollocks, I was at the back of h block yesterday cos some fucker always sits in my usual seat, and the steward tried having a pop at me about it so i said to them go and move them and il move his reply was "ill be keeping my eye on you" tosser
  • Options
    I had a small discussion with the steward by the club shop on Tuesday. I walked down the side of the club shop and the steward tried to stop me by saying that it was 'exit' only. I asked since when was it exit only as I and many others use that same route and have been for years. His answer was 'have you got any ID'. As you can imagine I carried on only for him to call his supervisor who approached me and a small discussion was had in which he saw the error of there ways!
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

can anyone tell me if the stewards are actually allowed to man handle you out of the ground like they did with fan yesterday? They have no legal power I believe

They have the same legal powers you have in your own home and bouncers have. The Valley is private property and the Stewards represent the owners. They can physically remove people the same way you can throw someone out your house or a bouncer can throw someone out of a pub.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

cafc999 said:

They have the same legal powers you have in your own home and bouncers have. The Valley is private property and the Stewards represent the owners. They can physically remove people the same way you can throw someone out your house or a bouncer can throw someone out of a pub.
    Thanks for clearing that up DR

Do they have to give you a warning first?

Just asking as they seem to be a bit draconian lately and sometimes as soon as people put that hi vis vest on the power seems to go to there head. To be fair most of the stewards that I have come into contact with are fine.
  • Options

That standing on the stairs bit is bollocks, I was at the back of h block yesterday cos some fucker always sits in my usual seat, and the steward tried having a pop at me about it so i said to them go and move them and il move his reply was "ill be keeping my eye on you" tosser

I told the people in my seat politely to move and they did. I dont mind standing in a different seat but i Wont stand on the stairs which seen to be the case for anyone turning up near kick off time due to the agg you get off the stewards.

The people kicked out were warned and couldn't produce tickets when asked to prove where they were sitting. The stewards done their job for a change.

Anyway my point is i dont mind standing some where else if there are seats available but i will always claim my seat if there is no where else to go.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

DRAddick said:

cafc999 said:

Thanks for clearing that up DR

Do they have to give you a warning first?

Just asking as they seem to be a bit draconian lately and sometimes as soon as people put that hi vis vest on the power seems to go to there head. To be fair most of the stewards that I have come into contact with are fine.
    No warnings as in "don't do that again or..." you can be kicked out immediately for any reason they decide. Generally they should ask you to leave of your own accord first before getting physical but depends on circumstances.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

No it isn't bollocks because it's a legal requirement to keep the stairs unobstructed and the club can be in trouble if they are seen to allow it to happen. Including having safety certificates removed and the Valley can't be used. Yes I know that's not gonna happen especially with our small crowds, but that isn't an excuse to allow it. And there are officials who look out for this kind of stuff during events in stadia.

• Options
    There must have been empty seats to sit in?
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

No it isn't bollocks because it's a legal requirement to keep the stairs unobstructed and the club can be in trouble if they are seen to allow it to happen. Including having safety certificates removed and the Valley can't be used. Yes I know that's not gonna happen especially with our small crowds, but that isn't an excuse to allow it. And there are officials who look out for this kind of stuff during events in stadia.

i was making more of a point that they are quite happy to give me a talking to yet wont go and clear my seat for me its ridiculous and cheeky i feel, problem i have is my seat is about 15 seats in from either side so i admit it is difficult to get to.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

There must have been empty seats to sit in?

Not at back of j and h block.

I think its people with season tickets and mates with a ticket in another block who want to stand with them
  • Options
    Maybe the stewards should concentrate more on stopping the smoking in the toilets every game rather than every 5/6 games. I smoke but I can go the length of a game without a fag. It's a joke and a bit sad really.
  • Options
    Had this issue at game last season where in M block 3 or 4 without back row tickets tried to crowd in the row with their mates and basically stood in my space. Didn't get steward asked them to move, then asked a bit more forcibly and they moved. Think they looked and thought this old got isn't going to back down ! It was very noticeable yet the powers that be ignored it !
  • Options
    yeah with my seat i go on my own, i think im definately going to relocate next season north uppers getting more annoying.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Had some jobsworth yesterday blocking the North Lower F Block stairs, questioning my ticket, where I sit and when I told him to move he told me he has the authority to throw me out, told him I have sat in the same seat for 9 years and therefore probably knows where it is a lot better than him and all he could say was 'Well I haven't seen you here yet this season'

No f*cking sh*t, Sherlock
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Had some jobsworth yesterday blocking the North Lower F Block stairs, questioning my ticket, where I sit and when I told him to move he told me he has the authority to throw me out, told him I have sat in the same seat for 9 years and therefore probably knows where it is a lot better than him and all he could say was 'Well I haven't seen you here yet this season'

No f*cking sh*t, Sherlock

Haha, you couldn't make that up lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think was due to poor diction during the Since I Was Young song. People kept singing 'em' that than 'them' in the second line. Tutt tutt.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

I think was due to poor diction during the Since I Was Young song. People kept singing 'em' that than 'them' in the second line. Tutt tutt.

I'm shocked no one was killed!

• Options
    sam3110 said:

'Well I haven't seen you here yet this season'

lol