Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

See Tickets - Trouble - Could result in cheapish tickets for Charlie & The Chocolate Factory

I'm currently having a nightmare argument with See Tickets. Booked tickets for my daughter to see Charlie & The Chocolate Factory at The Theatre Royal Drury Lane at 7.30pm on Friday 27th December. See have sent me out tickets for 29th November at 7.30pm. They are saying it is my mistake and that they won't swap the tickets to the correct date. Am awaiting a call from a manager tomorrow to discuss options. We are on holiday on 29/11/13 and there is absolutely no way I booked them for this date - it is their mistake. However, given that I am into a my word against theirs scenario, there is a chance I will have to sell the tickets and then replace them.

If I need to sell them I'll reduce the price slightly. I have three tickets. They are in the Grand Circle and the face value with booking fee is £51.50 per ticket. If they are available I am prepared to let them go for £40.00 each. I'll know tomorrow whether I'm going to have to sell them, in the interim, if anyone is interested or has any experience of winning this sort of argument with a booking agent let me know.

Comments

• Options
    Presume this was a phone booking? Can ask them to send copy of recording of conversation as bound to be taped for 'training purposes'
  • Options
    They've already said the conversation wasn't recorded.....convenient.
  • Options
    Good evening

this is my first ever post but thought would give some advice. I am pretty sure a telephone transaction will be covered by uk distance selling regulations meaning that you have seven days to cancel the contract once you have placed your order. the item does not have to be faulty and you do not have to have a reason per se for wanting to return the item. When next speaking to the manager mention the distance selling regulations and see what he says.
  • Options
    I went to this show last night. It is well worth the day out and the money it is a great show, but as for it being sold out i think is ridiculous was easily 100 seats left over in the stalls, which i can only assume is what cooperate companies have bought up and not used, totally unfair.
  • Options
    Should have updated this really....See backed down in the end and changed the booking. Haven't had the replacement tickets yet, but not too worried as their site says only 80% of the tickets have been dispatched.
  • Options
    Saw this on Sat mate - it is bloomin awesome and you'll love it.
  • Options
    What a privilege it has become (or has it always) to take kids to the Theatre. Cant imagine many families can afford those prices.
  • Options
    Threaten them with small claims court.
  • Options
    @Curb_It - you're right, very expensive...bloomin expensive drinks/snacks prices in the theatre too... With this production, I can see why it cost so much - the set is amazing and must have cost £millions. Unfortunately it is an annual treat for us, altho we'll go to panto (oh no you won't, etc)...
  • Options
    You should of asked them on Twitter. I accidentally booked tickets for a gig on a day I didn't want, well it partly the website's fault as well, and they changed it for me at no charge. It always pays to be nice to people!