Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scrabble

After a barbie yesterday evening we were sitting about chatting but within twenty minutes or so my wife, daughter and son-in-law all had their 'phones out and were playing Scrabble, not only with each other but with complete strangers they've never met or are ever likely to. The technology required to do this is of course beyond me but it struck me that the mobile seems to have taken over from the TV as the conversation killer of our time. I understand my son is involved in eleven separate games of Scrabble so is it just my family or is there a lot of it about?

Comments

• Options
    I play Scrabble online. Recently spent the best part of two wonderful weeks banging the living grandmother out of a Canadian girl I met in a game of online Scrabble. Don't knock it until you've tried it :)
  • Options
    I use to play all the time through Facebook, not done it in a while though. Apparently its been "updated" and is now a load of old tut
  • Options

I play Scrabble online. Recently spent the best part of two wonderful weeks banging the living grandmother out of a Canadian girl I met in a game of online Scrabble. Don't knock it until you've tried it :)

That's what you call a quadruple word score.

Were there any blanks?

• Options
    Addickted said:

That's what you call a quadruple word score.

Were there any blanks?

Plenty of blankety blanking in the blank.
  • Options
    Pretty redundant game these days, considering how no-one can spell. Are text abbreviations allowed?
  • Options
    does everyone get huge scores as they just look up the best words possible?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Plenty of people do this - and it's patently obvious when they are. Drives me insane - what's the bloody point of playing Scrabble against a computer?
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Plenty of people do this - and it's patently obvious when they are. Drives me insane - what's the bloody point of playing Scrabble against a computer?
    This. I've just started playing my cousin, I won the first game despite some dubious words appearing her side. Just started our second and she's just laid ASCARIDES for 80. I know her well enough to know that's not a word to pop into her head. Cheating tart.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    How did Lincs manage to get a comment about Scrabble censored (above)? Is it like the bird on Countdown putting up FELLATIO?

I don't see how Scrabble works online - how do you know your opponent isn't fishing in the dictionary?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How did Lincs manage to get a comment about Scrabble censored (above)? Is it like the bird on Countdown putting up FELLATIO?

I don't see how Scrabble works online - how do you know your opponent isn't fishing in the dictionary?

no .. I was trying to be clever and to post a scrabble type entry .. the system 'left adjusts' on saving and I just had a mess .. anyway, my posts are always non-controversial and always in the best possible taste
  • Options

no .. I was trying to be clever and to post a scrabble type entry .. the system 'left adjusts' on saving and I just had a mess .. anyway, my posts are always non-controversial and always in the best possible taste
    Naturally, Lincs: naturally.