Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Son of Selhurst

edited March 2007 in General Charlton
What are your thoughts on simon jordan?

Comments

• Options
    i think he's a bit of a robbie savage style chairman....you hate his guts cos he's not on your team but if he was you'd love him cos he winds everyone up...but he is a first class c***
  • Options
    lol.........
  • Options
    Mind you no comment back from him!think that somes jordan up!lol
  • Options
    disagree ooh aah, i wouldn't want him or someone like that anywhere near my club.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]disagree ooh aah, i wouldn't want him or someone like that anywhere near my club.[/quote]

Agreed. I was watching the play-off video last last night and thought how lucky we are to have Murray.
  • Options
    mmmmmmmmmmm

We'll I'm probably better placed than some palace fans to give an opinion of Simon Jordan, as I have worked for him.

What you see publicly is what you get, he's direct, aggresive and extremely determined. He also does not suffer fools gladly and detest's being taken for a mug.

He is genuinely not bothered wether people like him or not, and he basically does what he feels is best for palace, I have no doubts that he is 100% commited to Palace.

As a boss he's a difficult person to work for, but you can do very well if you have the right attitude. As a chairman, from a fans perspective he's top drawer, he's backed all his managers with money and even helped Dowie keep johnson and several other key players in his championship.......Dowie failed to deliver.

As for all his public spats with Charlton, it is getting a bit tedious. I think he like all Palace fans are having to do, should wait for revenge to exacted on the pitch. :-)

Overall I would say he's been a good chairman for Palace.
  • Options
    No-one should doubt his committment, but I think a lot of people (me included) do not like the way he deals with people (such as that TV prog - didn't do himself any favours on the charm front - came across as a complete tosser...). A good businessman but doesn't seem to be a very likeable person to me - too concerned about his own image.

Should it all come tumbling down around his ears, I can't see too many people lining up to help him out. He made himself look like a silly little schoolboy with his rants about CAFC. (Get a decent haircut boy!)

Exact revenge - NEVER!!! :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Overall I would say he's been a good chairman for Palace.

but don't you just wish sometimes he would shut up, grow up, get on with the job of making you 'the biggest club south of the river' and give up on his dream of being a z-list celebrity ???
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Overall I would say he's been a good chairman for Palace.

but don't you just wish sometimes he would shut up, grow up, get on with the job of making you 'the biggest club south of the river' and give up on his dream of being a z-list celebrity ???

In a word - YES

I think he works on the principle of there being no such thing as 'bad publicity', there is just publicity.
  • Options
    who cares palace are a naff club playing at the most soulless stadium on earth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have no problem with him being a tough businessman. He has clearly been successful in business. Good luck to him. He clearly doesn't care what people think about him. I have no problem about that. I do have a problem with his pronouncements about football matters. He has bought his way to the football table and then spouts on about every facet of football as if he has a track record of achievement in building a successful football club. Basically in my opinion he hasn't yet earned the right to air his homespun views on football matters in the dogmatic way he puts them forward.

As for the spat with Murray, I always try to operate to the principal of "don't get mad get even". The way that he has gone about publicising his disagreement with Murray/Charlton smacks to me of his anger overwhelming his business sense. It's also by the way, extremely childish.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]who cares palace are a naff club playing at the most soulless stadium on earth.

You obviously have not been to the New Den.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]who cares palace are a naff club playing at the most soulless stadium on earth.

You obviously have not been to the New Den.

I totally agree with you. The New Den is dire.