Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are there any decent clips of Richard Rufus out there?

I'd like to show a mate who plays non league - same build and attitude as Rufus - how the great man played the game.

I've given up on finding a Rufus compilation video on youtube but what might help find good clips of him is a reminder of his most storming games for us. In my mind I can see his last ditch tackles and reading of the game, but can't remember specifc games.

So, forgetting games where he nicked a goal, what were his standout games for us?

Thanks if anyone can help.

Comments

• Options
    I suspect that he was a tad early for the 365/24hour/entire world population on cam frenzy .. he was probably the most committed and wholehearted player I ever saw play for us .. not the most skilful but the most courageous
  • Options
    Yes I agree, was a pleasure to watch the guy defend!
  • Options
    I remember his comeback against Spurs (wasnt it the same game where our good Manager got the flukiest goal in a Charlton shirt?) and he was unbelievable then, a complete rock

One of the saddest thoughts for me was that had he not suffered injury problems then he'd still (hopefully) have been with us and would have prevented the relegation years
  • Options
    Slightly too young to be able to remember rufus like i remember jensen, parker and stuart etc. Would appreciate seeing any clips, or if people have very early naughties games on dvd or something and putting them on youtube/vimeo
  • Options
    98 playoff final
  • Options
    First name down on my Charlton All-time 11.
  • Options
    Am in the process of converting the Goals Galore video (start of the 97-98 season) into clips to go up on vimeo. Once I've done that I'll have a look at the other videos I've got to see if there are any good Rufus bits, and put those up for you. Will probably take a couple of weeks though.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Am in the process of converting the Goals Galore video (start of the 97-98 season) into clips to go up on vimeo. Once I've done that I'll have a look at the other videos I've got to see if there are any good Rufus bits, and put those up for you. Will probably take a couple of weeks though.

Wow, that is something too look forward to and appreciated by me, be great if you can find enough clips to make it worthwhile.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

that would be awesome if you could! Thank you