Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premiership players we might get on loan

edited August 2013 in General Charlton
Last seasons 2 midfield youngsters we had on loan proved disappointing. However it's a new season...............there must be a couple who could do for us what a few did for other Championship sides like Watford and Chalobah.

This kid at the Arse looks the db's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag96HlJxO1M

Comments

• Options
    Josh mc-whatever who plays for chelsea?
  • Options
    Worth reading the interview with Les Reed in the Voice; wise and cautionary words about loanees
  • Options
    Haris Vucik - Newcastle
  • Options
    Rooney & Suarez until they sort out their tangled and emotional lives .. I am very much NOT in favour of the loan system and have debated this many times on this site.
    Managers must stand and fall by their long term signings and not keep picking and mixing .. for clubs who have no money to buy players? .. tough, at worst you get relegated
  • Options
    Nathaniel Chalabolah who was on loan @ Watford last season?

Mourinho has said he wants the guy to go out on loan for one more season
  • Options

Now that would be good but wouldn't Watford want him back?

• Options
    Obika ;)
  • Options

was on loan at Swansea last season so would expect it to be another prem club if he went.

• Options
    edited August 2013

Worth reading the interview with Les Reed in the Voice; wise and cautionary words about loanees

just what I was thinking. In the end, who actually benefits from the loan ?? I'd much rather play Jordan Cousins in midfield than getting some youngster in from a Prem team.
  • Options
    Would have liked someone like Suso from Liverpool, but he's already gone on loan, or Frei from Fulham, but he's more of a winger, we need a playmaker in the Oscar/Coutinho mould
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

just what I was thinking. In the end, who actually benefits from the loan ?? I'd much rather play Jordan Cousins in midfield than getting some youngster in from a Prem team.
    Depends how well they do for you - I think we benefited from the Jorge Costa loan, for example. Plenty more we didn't benefit from though!
  • Options

was on loan at Swansea last season so would expect it to be another prem club if he went.

Thought he was at middlesborough last season actually and swansea the year before?
  • Options
    We could try and get Frimpong back ; )
  • Options
    Dench..
  • Options

Thought he was at middlesborough last season actually and swansea the year before?

has gone on loan abroad

• Options
    I see Vydra has joined West Brom on loan, will probably do well for them, Anelka on a free was good business for them too, any younger players there we could snap up on loan?

Don't fancy seeing Odemwhiner here myself....
  • Options

has gone on loan abroad

Where's he gone? He played for Chelsea's U21s at the weekend and went off injured.
  • Options

I agree he would provide creativity to the midfield, but he plays in the same position as Jackson.

Could you fit them both into the team?
  • Options

Now that would be good but wouldn't Watford want him back?

Thats what I thought but havent seen any movement from Watford this year which surprises me... Makes me wonder if Mourinho wants him to go to a Swansea / Norwich type club on loan
  • Options
    I know a lot of people didn't rate him though I liked the look of Razak from Man City last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always found loan signings are okay to bolster the squad in times of an injury crisis, but very seldom does one actually improve the team.

Despite the limited resources we have (especially in central midfield), I'd rather stick with what we have and if needed, blood some of the youngsters............

• Options
    Barry Bannan?
  • Options

Barry Bannan?

we would end up with Barry Chuckle
  • Options
    Heard a rumour that Vaz Te might be available now that WH have signed Downing.
  • Options
    Ravel Morrison. On loan at Birmingham last season. He's done well pre season though so will probably be first team / bench for west ham.