Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Charlatans Jon Brookes RIP

Passed away this morning from a brain tumor . As a big Charlatans fan I find him passing a very sad thing but as he was also good friends with a fair few people I know it's even more saddening.

Only 44 years young.

Comments

• Options
    Way too young Buckshee. Big Charlatans fan myself.

RIP Jon.
  • Options
    Makes you think the band's jinxed after what happened to Rob Collins.

All my friends that had the pleasure of knowing Jon have never had anything but wonderful things to say about him.

Big West Brom fan as well , I see they are going to be playing Charlatans tunes pre match on Saturday in tribute.
  • Options
    RIP. Seen The Charlatans live on a few occasions and always quality. 44 is no age
  • Options
    Love the Charlatans, seen them live a few times. Gutted about this. RIP
  • Options
    Yes, I saw this, very sad. I was going to post this myself, but chose not to. I thought he was on the mend a couple of years ago. RIP.
  • Options
    One of my favourite bands, met them all once at Brixton and all decent people. The poor man who has just passed away made a really funny and massively inappropriate joke about the drummer from glasvegas

Rest in peace, very sad
  • Options
    I first saw The Charlatans just before Tim Burgess joined them in around 1988, they were a skinny, scrawny band supporting The Stone Roses in a dingy, 70s style cabaret club under the main stand of Warrington RLFC. I recall really liking them & I next saw them play their first big gig a few months later - this time with Burgess at Manchester University - a really excellent gig, one of the best Madchester era shows I saw. I cant recall seeing them live after this - maybe a festival show but they had moved on to the bigger venues which i stayed clear of by & large.

Definitely a band of my era & I am saddened at Jon Brookes untimely passing, he is the same age as me :-(
  • Options
    RIP - Played his part in some cracking tunes. The words that the rest of the music biz are giving him speak volumes about the man.
  • Options
    Now leaves the band with only one original member . Such a shame .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Read about Jon passing on the way home last night. Tragic news and, like others, I thought he had been on the mend after he collapsed in 2010 and the tumour was first found. He'd been working with band on new material as well.

Tim's words show the affection he had for Jon and the devastation they are all feeling.

A great band and Jon was/is a huge part of that. Thoughts are with his family and friends. Rest In Peace Jon, from One to Another.
  • Options
    Sad news ...great band
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Jon!

Fucking brain tumours!
  • Options
    Very sad news. Was actually listening to them on the way to the Valley on Saturday. RIP Jon.
  • Options
    RIP Jon....too young

Put How High 7" last night as a tribute in our household.
  • Options
    Not over familiar with their work but 44 is no age. Very sad RIP
  • Options
    RIP...very sad indeed.
  • Options
    Also a big Charlatans fan meself

RIP
  • Options
    RIP .. 44 is far too young to die .. cancer, the modern plague
  • Options
    very sad to hear far to young! RIP Jon
  • Sponsored links: