Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eastbourne airshow this weekend

Just wondered if anyone has been to this before? If so any suggestions on best place for viewing? Join the crowds on the beach or can anyone suggest maybe a local pub or an area with a pub nearby for viewing? Staying at the caravan this week in hastings so getting the train along on thursday. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    Gets rammo absolutely rammo

The whole beach is packed and you get a great view anywhere there i find,

The best airshow i have been too
  • Options
    Sounds good, we will try and get there early then!
  • Options
    The beach is a great view for sure. Last year, had just parked on roof of Arndale centre car park as Red Arrows display started - that was a fantastic view too.
  • Options
    Was going to pop into Eastbourne shopping on Saturday. Should I avoid it ?
  • Options
    I live in Eastbourne. Is a bloody nightmare this weekend, can't get anywhere, too many people just stop and watch planes... So i'm off to cheer on the mighty Whitehawk and have a butchers at the ones flying back across the coast #nofans
  • Options

Was going to pop into Eastbourne shopping on Saturday. Should I avoid it ?

dont do it

• Options
    Beachy Head as they normally fly below you.

No Vulcan this year, best displays will be the Chinook and the Typhoon.

Better display at Bournemouth this year, Vulcan, Sea Vixen, Miss Demeanour, Sally B.
  • Options
    never thought of that BDL about beachy will do that
  • Options
    Be prepared for lots of grown men with very long lenses!

• Options

never thought of that BDL about beachy will do that

be careful of the edge, we wouldn't want you falling off ;-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going tomorrow...by train, shame there won't be the Vulcan, it came to Hastings in June but we missed it as we were away at the time.
  • Options
    To be honest, the Vulcan is not what it was. The displays are so flat, no wing overs. They might as well retire her now rather than drag it on for another two years.
  • Options
    Worth checking the weather as well, looks good tomorrow, but a bit iffy for the rest of the show.
  • Options

Going tomorrow...by train, shame there won't be the Vulcan, it came to Hastings in June but we missed it as we were away at the time.

We are going on the train from hastings tomorrow as well, we are currently down at our caravan at haven, weather looks good for tomorrow....
  • Options
    Hopefully brightening up this afternoon.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    BDL said:

Be prepared for lots of grown men with very long lenses!

This sounds like a day out for Curb_it then as she is still swooning over the size of Bedsaddick's zoom :-)
  • Options
    She hasn't seen mine yet ;-)
  • Options
    Seems like there will be more Charlton supporters at the Eastbourne airshow than travelling to Huddersfield for the Carling cup. Wise choice!
  • Options
    Battle of Britain flight currently over Kent
  • Options
    Went yesterday, excellent day out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes was there a day, cleared to blue skys just in time, kids loved it, looks like the weather for the next couple of days will not be as good....
  • Options
    be there tomorrow, shopping !!
  • Options
    The F16 was most impressive as were the red arrows, will definately go again next year.
  • Options
    good show aint it
  • Options
    Yep was really good, we were on the beach, great view, will definately go next year