Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most Memorable England Debut

The one that sticks out for me is Nick Barmby

Comments

• Options
    SCP's v Spain 2001

little ole Charlton with an England international , never in my wildest dreams from 1976 when I started supporting us did I think that would be possible

He even nutmegged Pep Guardiola , what more could you want
  • Options
    Lambert .. 1st touch ... GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLL
  • Options
    What happened in Nick Barmby's England debut?!
  • Options

I just remember him playing a blinder, it was around the same time as Darren Anderton who didn't do so well
  • Options
    Franny Jeffers.......goal.............
  • Options
    Nugent goal.
  • Options
    Chris Powell's.
  • Options
    Chris Powell's was a very proud moment for all associated with Charlton. First England player from our club in my lifetime.

• Options
    Chris who?

;-)
  • Options
    Darius Vassell, overhead kick goal away to holland
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2013

Not much..... I was at that game, it was against Uruguay. If I remember correctly, he came on as a sub for about 20 mins.
  • Options
    Think I would opt for this, Steve Bull on debut as a THIRD DIVISION player in 1989 vs Scotland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4yKu84r-Zs

• Options
    Good shout Steve bull. Went World Cup as well I think
  • Options
    chazza said:

Not much..... I was at that game, it was against Uruguay. If I remember correctly, he came on as a sub for about 20 mins.
    Thought he come on with Anderton and played really well. Could be mistaken though
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

chazza said:

Thought he come on with Anderton and played really well. Could be mistaken though
    I know the game wasn't the best. Barry venison was anchoring the midfield that day.
  • Options
    chazza said:

BIG_ROB said:

chazza said:

I know the game wasn't the best. Barry venison was anchoring the midfield that day.
    Yeah I looked it up last night mate, it weren't so much his debut, but his early international career that I was remembering. 3 goals in 5 games.....
  • Options
    SCP's v Spain 2001 little ole Charlton with an England international , never in my wildest dreams from 1976 when I started supporting us did I think that would be possible He even nutmegged Pep Guardiola , what more could you want
    20 years ago today.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Hadn’t seen this before, was hoping to find the Guardiola nutmeg.

https://youtu.be/sZje_TQXQx4