Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I am a Charlton fan . . .

I am a Charlton fan
and I am a south London man
I know what I want and I know how how to get it
I wanna destroy Palace and Millwall
and I wanna be Red Army

Not an original but could sound ok if some of the young 'uns want to give it a go.

Comments

• Options
    What's the tune to?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Let us guess the tune first
  • Options
    Anarchy - Sex Pistols
  • Options
    Anarchy in the UK
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Wasn't this sung at Burnley last season?
  • Options
    Sorry it's the Pistols yeah. Forgot to mention that. Not sure if we'd ever given that an airing.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Good guess then eh
  • Options
    Obviously know a top tune when you hear one. Seriously though, have we ever done a version of this anywhere. I got a bit carried away with you tube watching different fans doing some good songs. I couldn't think of anything original but then again VFR is a cover version so thought it might be worth a go.
  • Options
    theres me trying to set it to paper roses by the osmonds
  • Options
    FC United of Manchester fans singing it here.

It's something us young 'uns are thinking about for the future!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP_a-Nh-QCk
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am a Charlton fan
    And I am a Londoner
    I know what I want and I know how to get it
    I wanna destroy, Palace and Wall cause iiiiii
    I wanna be, red army!!
  • Options
    Not bad - I could quite happily sing that in the stands
  • Options
    It reminds me of,
    My old man's a dustman.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

It reminds me of,
    My old man's a dustman.

hahahahah .. he wears gorblimey trousers .. and he lives in a (south London) council flat
  • Options
    10x better than "Since I Was Young", its quite original!
  • Options
    Is it just me that read the line "I am a Charlton fan" - and sung it in my head to the music man song, following it up with "and I come from down your way"............................
  • Options

Is it just me that read the line "I am a Charlton fan" - and sung it in my head to the music man song, following it up with "and I come from down your way"............................

that's the 'Obika Song'
  • Options
    At least Alex' version includes the girlies ;-)
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Agreed, a lot better than the ultra song.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Wouldn't quite call SIWY anyting close to Ultra. It was chosen because it's very catchy and we knew lots would sing along to it. Not quite there at the moment but we have 2 home games in a row coming up so provided we get a couple of good results that could sound quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry Weegie didn't mean to leave out the girlies. Fan and man was just too easy. Didn't do myself any favours either as I'm Kent born and bred.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Wouldn't quite call SIWY anyting close to Ultra. It was chosen because it's very catchy and we knew lots would sing along to it. Not quite there at the moment but we have 2 home games in a row coming up so provided we get a couple of good results that could sound quality.
    What's an ultra song sounds like then? I think it's 4 lines then a load of sound effects, perhaps I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Definitely an ultra song. Listen to songs like "South London's number 1" or "We love you" by Crystal Palace fans and tell me it doesn't sound in exactly the same mould.

Better than no atmosphere at all I guess, but there does seem to be a massive influx of continental style chanting coming into the English terraces the past few years, not to mention the boring seven nation army or "you know what you are" like songs.

Yes, I know I'm moaning.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Wasn't this sung at Burnley last season?

Yep
  • Options

cafctom said:

What's an ultra song sounds like then? I think it's 4 lines then a load of sound effects, perhaps I'm wrong.
    There's no definition to what an ultra song sounds like, everyone has their own opinion on it, but I'd imagine the true definition of 'Ultra songs' are songs that are sung by (believe it or not), Ultras. Charlton have no ultras (thankfully), therefore have no ultra songs.
  • Options
    Was thinking it was going to be based on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdOCWUgwiWs

Now I'm a Charlton man
    Amazed at what I am
    I say what I think
    That the leadership stinks
    Yes I'm a Charlton man.
  • Options
    Like that, Oakster. Was the first single I ever bought! Can we just change man to fan, though, for us girlies again, please?
  • Options
    SIWY will stick, so better get used to it.

FOD & Tom, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.