Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

News Hopper

What do we make of this?

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/10609454.VIDEO__Sidcup_family_forced_to_sleep_in_car_because_they_can___t_get_a_council_house/

Insightful picture of the happy couple pretending to sleep in the motor.

News that the son works in a barber shop/cafe? Is that a thing? Not a place I'd fancy a sticky bun...

Wouldn't you kip on the daughter's floor or rent privately rather than expecting the council to sort you out? Sad circumstances and all that but surely three working adults should be able to secure a property?

EDIT now with working link

Comments

• Options
    Firstly, the link don't work, and secondly they haven't got their jimmy jammies on.
  • Options
    It's the nanny state pal, I've seen worse forms of it working in pest control for councils and housing associations in West and North West London.
  • Options
    It's kinda not the nanny state - the council are refusing to house them?
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

It's kinda not the nanny state - the council are refusing to house them?

....but they're kind of expecting the council to house them
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If you read the article the children are grown up and in their twenties, Mr Karawaiez lived in Sidcup before being homeless and Mrs Karawaiez lived in Plumstead (Greenwich). So I cant really see why Bexley should house them.
  • Options
    They can clearly afford to rent even a small flat (one that's bigger than a car) but just refuse to. Why dont they sell their car for a deposit? The poor sods who actually need council houses don't have jobs and cars.
  • Options
    Reminds me of the student who claimed to be eating dog food because it was all he could afford, when a tin of baked beans were only about 17 pence!
  • Options
    They must be exhausted.
  • Options
    Why doesn't the mum work then?
  • Options
    She looks like a right back seat slag
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Needs to get her arse into gear! Ffs
  • Options
    Would ya?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Probably can't be bothered to
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Would ya?

Well I was gonna say its funny that the two places they "hitch up" are the two biggest dogging sites in the South East, or so I'm told.....

Yeah from me
  • Options
    yeah i would
  • Options
    No
  • Options

buckshee said:

Probably can't be bothered to
    Goes to dictionary to look up the word irony.