Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For Sale - Greenwich and Bexley Hospice**1963 Signed Poster England vs Rest of the World and more**

edited August 2013 in General Charlton
In memory of Colin, we are raising money for the Greenwich and Bexley hospice, where he spent his last few days, before passing away in January this year after suffering from Cancer. Colin was a well known face at home and away games over the last 35 years, and always had time for everyone. His collection of Charlton memorabilla is vast, and on the request of Colin's family they have asked that these items are auctioned and kept within the Charlton family.

So far we have raised just over £870, thanks to this site and other items being sold via Ebay. Thank you for looking and happy bidding.

http://www.charltonlife.com/discussion/52836/colin-holland-rip-cholland/p1

If you haven't seen the auctions before a few notes. They are real auctions so only bid you if can and intend to pay. Highest bidder wins and pays postage or collects. Auction ends at 5.00pm this Tuesday. Any bids after 4.59pm are invalid. Please only bid in few £ units and state what Lot you are bidding for.

Lot A: A framed poster (42cm by 32cm) from England v Rest of the World (1963). England won 2–1, with goals from Terry Paine and Jimmy Greaves. It was the celebration match of 100 years of The Football Association. The poster has over 30 different autographs on it including Alf Ramsey, Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton, Gordon Banks, Jimmy Greaves, Eusebio, Denis Law, Lev Yashin and Alfredo Di Stefano. I have not checked it out with an antiques expect, but it looks damn genuine to me! However the poster has been folded in four and has slight tears on it and sellotape on the back. Opening Bid: £50

Lot B: A signed black and white photo (22cm by 16 cm) of Colin Powell scoring against Southampton in a 6-2 win at home during the 76/77 Season. Would look great framed! Thanks to Tom Morris for letting this item be auctioned and to Amos On The Wing for taking the time to get this signed. In good condition. Opening Bid: £20

Lot C: Eleven black and white passport photos of different players from Charlton's first season in League football (1921/1922) All in good condition. The players are Hughes, Goodman, Hampson, Burton, Harbridge, Smith, Castle, Upex, Dunn, Bailey and Wilson. Over 90 years old!! Opening bid: £15imageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    C £30
  • Options
    I do like A. Great item
  • Options
    C. £35
  • Options
    I'm trying to shed football baggage so won't bid, but lot A looks decent!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hi Stuart, Good to meet you last week.

A. £55
  • Options
    Cheers chaps for all the early bids so far.

A: £55 - DOC64
    B: No bids so far
    C: £35 - stonemuse
  • Options
  • Options
    No bids yet on the signed photo. Lovely item against the FA Cup winners at the time.
  • Options
    A £60.00
  • Options
    Shrew said:

A £60.00

Thanks Shrew

A: £60 - Shrew
    B: No bids so far
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the record bid on this forum? I can see A smashing it.

Bump.
  • Options
    B £20.00
  • Options
    Ashers said:

B £20.00

Thanks Ashers

A: £60 - Shrew
    B: £20 - Ashers
  • Options
  • Options
    A. £65
  • Options
    DOC64 said:

A. £65

Many Thanks

A: £65 - DOC64
  • Options
    120 pounds so far with plenty of time left to bid on this current auction (Until tuesday). Only ten pounds away now from £1000 raised.

Happy bidding
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    A. 100. Punchy from me but I do fancy that. I know I'm going to have to go higher tho.

• Options
    Curb_It said:

A. 100. Punchy from me but I do fancy that. I know I'm going to have to go higher tho.

Fantastic. Many thanks and now over the thousand pound mark. Please keep bidding. Finishes this tuesday.

A: £100 - Curb_It
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Let's see!!

A. £110

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOC64 said:

Curb_It said:

Let's see!!

A. £110

Many Thanks

A: £110 - DOC64
  • Options
    C £50
  • Options

C £50

Many Thanks

C: £50 - oohaahmortimer
  • Options

b 25

Many Thanks

B: £25 - nth london addick
  • Options
    A £150
  • Options
    ****Lot A: I'm going to cancel Lot A for now, as i have just been informed by Colin's brothers that this item is a COPY of the original poster. A dealer did look at this item sometime ago, and stated the signatures are real, but it's not an original.

So for that reason Lot A is cancelled, as i don't want anyone paying for somethng that is not correct.

Sorry for any misleading information or inconvience caused.

A: CANCELLED
    B: £25 - nth london addick
  • Options
    Well i was out after JimMac's bid there.

So are you saying its a copy of the poster but real signatures or are you not sure the signatures are real now?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Well i was out after JimMac's bid there.

So are you saying its a copy of the poster but real signatures or are you not sure the signatures are real now?

The signatures are correct but it's a copy

• Options
    Less than 24 hours to go on two wonderful items